1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just something to note. Be careful when taking Vader out the tray, the cape is fed through the plastic like the Adam West Batman was. Be sure not to snag the cape.

There you are, if Rory had been home for his, we could of have had our Vader un-boxing party ;)

I was looking forward to that aswell

Just something to note. Be careful when taking Vader out the tray, the cape is fed through the plastic like the Adam West Batman was. Be sure not to snag the cape.

They do this with thor aswell, bugs me lol. the cape looks toot hick for me anyway so it won't be getting used. Looking forward to your pics jason, doubt i'll be doing any this week.

From Hong Kong forum toysdaily - user 小丙1018:

There are more amazing photography from his thread:
[????] Hottoys 1/6th STAR WARS: EPISODE IV A NEW HOPE DARTH VADER - 12??? - Toysdaily ???? - Powered by Discuz!

DARTH_VADER_001.jpg

I don't understand what you mean? Thanks for the heads up though.

He means the cape is fed through a slit in the tray he is packaged in. When you pull the figure out the cape will slide through the slit and has the potential to snag.

The pleather on that suit and gloves... I wonder if it's going to go the same way as the HT John Connor leather jacket which cracked and deteriorated? HT (like Medicom) doesn't have a great track record with pleather or rubber.

He means the cape is fed through a slit in the tray he is packaged in. When you pull the figure out the cape will slide through the slit and has the potential to snag.

Oh i see. Got it thanks. Seems like a stupid design. Apart from snagging i assume you can't put it back in the box the same way or it's very difficult.

Oh i see. Got it thanks. Seems like a stupid design. Apart from snagging i assume you can't put it back in the box the same way or it's very difficult.

I think they do it to keep the cape flat and from getting wrinkled and matted. Otherwise it would lay in the form fitted shape of the body with the body on top of it for who knows how long before someone opens it.

yea, it might be tricky getting it back in the box, but I think HT cares more about how it looks coming out of the box. I have the Adam West Batman, but I haven't taken it out yet so I can't speak to how hard it would be to get that figure or Vader back into the box the way it comes.

The pleather on that suit and gloves... I wonder if it's going to go the same way as the HT John Connor leather jacket which cracked and deteriorated? HT (like Medicom) doesn't have a great track record with pleather or rubber.

Was thinking about this too. How is SS pleather?

So how wired is the cape? Is it posable at all?

it isn't wired at all. It is however a very nice material and heavy. I however dislike how it tucks under his helmet. The cape can't be futzed either as there is an elastic strap so it sits over the neck piece and the chain just acts as decoration, unlike sideshows where the chain keeps it hanging. I'll be using my custom cape anyway

it isn't wired at all. It is however a very nice material and heavy. I however dislike how it tucks under his helmet. The cape can't be futzed either as there is an elastic strap so it sits over the neck piece and the chain just acts as decoration, unlike sideshows where the chain keeps it hanging. I'll be using my custom cape anyway

The proto photos make it look wired but i figured it wouldnt be able to do the flowing poses like in the proto shots. Im glad to hear its nice material. In my experience hot toys makes terrible capes. I replaced all of them with customs. My 1/4 dark knight was like a sock cut into the shape of a cape. Not kidding its that bad. And supes and thor are this satin type inaccurately colored garbage. So its good to hear this one has a decent cape. Looking forward to seeing some custom jobs too. Post some up when you can. :hi5:

Buying HT Vader means selling my SS for a loss and paying extra out of my pocket for a sound feature and light up saber I will never use. I went home and looked at my SS, repositioned him and placed him on another shelf. Looks ****ing brilliant!!

If I could do a straight switch with no extra cash involved then sure. But I think I will hang on to SS Vader for now. A HT ESB/ROTJ Vader might be the time I “might” take action.

FYI – HT Vader is very nice!!

It took me forever to sell mine. And I did take a hit on the price unfortunately. So there is no doubt you'll lose money.

Could someone make a side by side comparison of the new Vader and the prototype at one of those toy fairs from last year?

Also, I didn't know this thing has sounds. [emoji38]

Wow, those toysdaily pics are my favourite, yet. Didn't even notice the gloves. Plus his torso looks great, unlike in some of the sloppier futzed photos from earlier. Basically removed all doubt that HT killed this figure. Really hope we get the option for early shipping. :pray:

Back