1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something Revenge of the Sith Vader looking about him. Mask looks too surprised looking and anime(ish). Also too tall like Sideshows versions.
/QUOTE]

Yeah. I ain't feeling the head. Its ultra generic Vader. Again. I dont give a **** about the scratches and beat up nature of the ANH prop (although it would be awesome) and dont expect it, nor the lack of black tusk. I can do that myself. But get the goddamn shape and proportions right. :lol

I think I'm starting to believe the Lucasfilm "must be idealized" mandate. :lol

Hot Toys promotional pictures make the figure look far better than it did at Toy Soul, I'm quite impressed with how it looks now. lol

Figure looks OK. Surprised they're not doing a two pack of Vader and Obi-Wan like with all of the other figures so far, unless I missed it somewhere.

I am completely happy with my SS Deluxe Vader, so I think I will pass on this.

:yess::yess::yess:

Wonder if it's because the packs aren't selling well? :huh Nevertheless, this will be a 1st day pre-order for me, I have a feeling it will sell out pretty quick.

Sorry if this is off topic or already discussed (I'm new, this is literally my first post), but does anyone know if that Tantive IV diorama from the pics is being released? I'm happy with my SS Vader Deluxe but might have to buy a ANH Vader to put in the Tantive IV.

Sorry if this is off topic or already discussed (I'm new, this is literally my first post), but does anyone know if that Tantive IV diorama from the pics is being released? I'm happy with my SS Vader Deluxe but might have to buy a ANH Vader to put in the Tantive IV.

Welcome aboard. The dio won't be mass-produced.

source: a vibe

Yeah. I ain't feeling the head. Its ultra generic Vader. Again. I dont give a **** about the scratches and beat up nature of the ANH prop (although it would be awesome) and dont expect it, nor the lack of black tusk. I can do that myself. But get the goddamn shape and proportions right. :lol

I think I'm starting to believe the Lucasfilm "must be idealized" mandate. :lol
Sorry mate, I haven't been replying to your posts. :lol

Let me start off by saying that your ANH Vader custom figure is brilliant, you've done really well with it. I was almost going to try making one like it, but I don't have the motivation.

Anyway, I know this one ain't right either, but I like it enough to get it at this point, so yeah.

Difficult choice this. I only need one Vader, I've so far resisted SS's offerings because I didn't like them. This looks good enough to buy, but do I hang on for the HT ROTJ version?

I have the SS Vader. With these new images from HT I will still hang on to my SS Vader. Once I see a HT ESB Vader offering It might change my mind.

Wait for the Empire/Jedi offering if your patient. (but remember you might be paying $100 more by the time it is released)

I don't come in for a day and look what happens...

I have to say that the helmet and face look a lot better in these pics, not sure if it's all down to photography and lighting.
Can't really tell about the tailoring of the suit though, which was another thing that bothered me.

Still, it looks very good. Is it up for pre-order yet?

Go home, HT Vader, you're drunk. Seriously, it looks nice, but can someone please pull up Vader's pants? There is waaaay too much suit showing between the armor, chest box, belt, and codpiece. All those components need to be tight, close together for the right look.

72dj7d.jpg

See? Close together!
nedc12.jpg

2ikqtkg.jpg

Details like this add up to the "ANH Menace" that is missing from this.

Back