1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the Chest Panel piece grey buttons are too light on the hot toys one , they are definitely dark grey
943936_1034920119863489_8923522350008216019_n.jpg

Anybody knows where I could find a spare Hot Toys belt? (Hell even a spare sideshow would do). I have the chance to get a Hot Toys Vader for cheap but missing a belt. I tried ebay, toyanxiety and Kghobby but can't find any.

Here is my second Darth Vader , ( sold my first one ) and I did the repaint of the shoulder upper chest armour , and chest panel buttons and belt weathering .

943950_1034925733196261_8120371604089380689_n.jpg

Anybody knows where I could find a spare Hot Toys belt? (Hell even a spare sideshow would do). I have the chance to get a Hot Toys Vader for cheap but missing a belt. I tried ebay, toyanxiety and Kghobby but can't find any.

Unless I'm remembering wrong I think I have a belt and some other SS Vader parts I bought and have been hanging onto for customizing but never got around to it. I'll check when I get home from work tonight.

think it needs another millimeter or so... but the difference IS there! better!!

Very rarely at any point in the movie was it lower than it is in the right example. For the majority of the movie it was as it is shown on the left or actually sitting higher.

The difference is that the front facing edge of the eyebrows were black on the ANH, not silver.

At no point in the movie was it lower than it is in the right example. For the majority of the movie it was as it is shown on the left or actually sitting higher.

The difference is that the front facing edge of the eyebrows were black on the ANH, not silver.

That is correct!

So no modding necessary. Just paint the inner eyebrows black?

Pretty much. Yes. For the majority of the movie the widows peak touched the upper edge of the square upper nose groove and only sparingly did it dip down in scenes to actually touch the bottom edge of said nose groove. Almost never below, but for a fair bit of the movie actually sitting higher.

The stock HT position is accurate to the majority of the movie.

i like your chest piece man looks great , if you want to make look a little better , the three gray buttons ( breather piece ) need to be dark gray and one white

Thanks man.

I hadn't really noticed that, the Hot Toy ones are gray, but not that dark. I may darken them up after seeing that pic.

probably didn't think they'd have people picking it apart as much as we do. :lol i just think of it like vader had repairs and new parts, etc.

Last edited:
Back