1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Messing around with some different exposures after seeing one of Comatoast's awesome Ren shots. Would have tried a few more but the cat showed up in the room with other ideas.

Messing around with some different exposures after seeing one of Comatoast's awesome Ren shots. Would have tried a few more but the cat showed up in the room with other ideas.

NICE TonTon! Love it. Going to keep playing with this adding some fill light or bouncing it. Vader might be next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless I'm remembering wrong I think I have a belt and some other SS Vader parts I bought and have been hanging onto for customizing but never got around to it. I'll check when I get home from work tonight.

It's ok, found one! Thanks

:duff

Thanks guys. Was surprised the sabers could photograph so well under the right conditions. Gonna try to grab a tripod from work so I don't have to stack boxes on top of each other to take some of these. :lol

Trying on the Tony Mei inner cape that he did for me some years back....

DSCN0549.JPG

Looks good, Matt. :clap

Although in my honest opinion, I think I like the stock cape better. It seems like it has a better and more natural lay to it, especially around the arms. Perhaps this one just requires some futzing to get it to sit right.

Thought I would tweak Vader today. Took out the wires in the tunic which looks much better now but how do you get the belt boxes closer to the buckle? I can't seem to get them past the Velcro on the belt.

Thought I would tweak Vader today. Took out the wires in the tunic which looks much better now but how do you get the belt boxes closer to the buckle? I can't seem to get them past the Velcro on the belt.

Removing the velcro VERY carefully is one way. The belt is very fragile and can be easily damaged.

Even though I was being extremely careful, I tried to do it once and ended up breaking my belt. I got a replacement belt and just left it as is with sliding the boxes right up against the Velcro edges, which is as close as they will get.

However, I've heard there are several ways to get them closer if you dare to try. As mentioned, you could try removing the Velcro, or I've also heard you VERY slowly slide the hooks on the back of the boxes over the Velcro one at a time, alternating between top and bottom. I know Wor Gar mentioned that you can also gently bend the hooks on the back of the boxes backwards to loosen them a bit, slide them over the Velcro, and then re-tighten them back down once you have the boxes in place.

Back