1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Straight out of the box

View attachment 253181View attachment 253180
View attachment 253170

My final touch-up
View attachment 253178

Next I'm gonna dirty-up Han

Can't wait to get the other 2 Chewies I pre-ordered.
I'll keep them in case Hot toys doesn't do an ESB or ROTJ.
My only concern is not having them when they're available.
I'm late to this party but these are among the best Chewie pics I have seen. I assume the glare off the light is giving the cross-eye illusion.

It is so incredibly difficult to judge this piece without having seen it in-hand......the inconsistencies that result from piece-to-piece due to having hair that can go in a million different directions makes it so. Having recently pre-ordered the set, I've been studying a lot of these pictures on the internet. The reviews are amongst the most polarizing I've seen. From my perspective, it looks like they likely used some sort of glue/adhesive to keep the hairs on the face down. The facial hair on many Chewbaccas out of the box look like they may be matted (not surprising since they put a plastic piece over him during shipping). I anticipated that the hairs on the face would likely need to be lightly "fluffed" with the included comb to really achieve the desired likeness - particularly the parted hair on Chewie's upper lip, which is arguably his most defining facial feature.

But my goodness, if that's how your figure came out of the box - I wouldn't even mess with it.

I still love this figure. Straight out of the box, with some futzing, but no customizing or painting... Chewie3.jpg

You've definitely inspired me to take some outdoor shots when mine comes

It's well worth it. Look forward to checking them out! I'd like to see someone take off the bandolier and do some grainy photos in the woods so they can try to pass them off as Sasquatch sightings. :lol

Uuuuuuuuur Ahhhhrrrrrr Uhrrrrr Ahhhhrrrrrr Aaaarhg...:clap

:rotfl

TonTon, great pictures. Very realistic. Thanks for posting.

Wow! Great pictures! :) :clap

Amazing shots! :clap

Thanks, guys! :duff

Hi eveybody.
I just heard there have been issues detected with these releases of Han and Chewbie (particularly the latter). Can anybody summarize them, or give a link to some summary, or to the relevant parts of this thread?

Thanks,
m.

Chewie is highly flammable and there have been reports of spontaneous combustion if left near an open flame or hot light.

Not sure about Han.

Chewie is highly flammable and there have been reports of spontaneous combustion if left near an open flame or hot light.

Not sure about Han.

HT Han is prone to braggadocio and infrequent bouts of "Nerf-Herding".

Tee Hee. Sorry, I haven't heard of any issues with this release.

Back