1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was able to seriously lighten up Chewies face by applying soft layers of Tamiya weathering master Burnt Red, found in set D, its an exact match to the lighter shades of Chewies fur. Its not as uniform light as it looks in the pic. In hand there's a lot of shades of fur. But compared to the almost totally black fur face I received it looks so much better.

Before:

After:

:rock Looks solid King! Where can I purchase these Tamiya make-up kits?

hellllooooo matrix.........!

Great job lightening the hair around the face! Pastels or acrylic paint? Did you also darken the forehead and the nose?

Thanks,i used a damp cotton dud around the eyes to make them a little more visible and a dry brushing of acrylic paints to lighten the face. Black gioss for the nose and a light dry brushing of black to the forehead. My favorite look for chewie are those first scenes in the cantina and on the falcon which is what i was trying to achieve.

He looks beautiful!!

Sweet Mother MacCrae! That's simply amazing. Pastel by any chance?

Wow! Chewie looks like... Chewie!

Did you change something? Looks great, but you've posted this picture like 12 times already. OK, I'm jealous, stop posting it.

*insert 'sweet mother of god' meme here*

Yeah, that's the best looking Chewie I've seen :)

Superb work! :rock

Congrats, Matrix... You win the forum today wth those shots. Now... What did you do with the eyes, and when will you be doing it with my Chewie's?

Urgh. I have Wookie envy, Matrix.

He's got a little ZZ Top thing going there (he needs some shades,) but that looks great!:clap

My only concern about retouching mine is that "brown roots" dyed look you see at the top of the head because the paint drybrush can only color the very outer layer of fur. I'm worried if I decide to later do a shaggy ROTJ look or even an action pose that requires resetting the head fur, I'd have to redo the paint, and perhaps thereby add too much paint, "matting" the fur.

Trying to think of a way to do it that doesn't restrict him to one look, because it's fun resetting his fur.

Unbelievable you win figure of the year superb !!!
My chewie looks like a dead dog.

Fantastic. You have done a great job around the eyes. Good stuff.

Thanks for the compliments much appreciated:duff

Thanks,i used a damp cotton dud around the eyes to make them a little more visible and a dry brushing of acrylic paints to lighten the face. Black gioss for the nose and a light dry brushing of black to the forehead. My favorite look for chewie are those first scenes in the cantina and on the falcon which is what i was trying to achieve.

For the eyes just the cotton damp with water to hold down the fur around the eyes? Thank you and it looks damn AWESOME!!!

Here is my temp set up

00-new%20001_zpsi2aqmtqa.jpg

00-new%20002_zpsxnlrema5.jpg

00-new%20003_zpsrx9inbmy.jpg

^^ Nice display. It's the problem with the gold binders - who's going to see them with all that fur?

Here is my temp set up
Set-up looks great! :clap Thought about doing a similar display when Luke stormtrooper arrives. Chewie looks pretty awesome, not sure if you had to do much futzing.

^^ Nice display. It's the problem with the gold binders - who's going to see them with all that fur?

Maybe cause he's faking it--no binders, no TK-421 belt.

Back