1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't going on record guaranteeing another hot toys Chewbacca will never be made, but I don't think its a sure thing. I just feel like this one is better than not having him at all. Statements made by hot toys indicate this was a major PITA to make, draw whatever conclusion you want from that.
Says to me they will want to make back the likely enormous costs over more than one figure. Additional figures can then be tweaked to a better likeness, ideally. Regardless, supposing for argument's sake that this is the only Chewie made, there will still be enough made and enough people disappointed with it/not feeling it that they'll be a dime a dozen on the aftermarket, IMO.

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

Ok Spock, your logical mind tricks won't work on me. ;)

I'm going to call this the Highlander method.

Ha! I'm still working or I'd find a meme for that.

I love speculating about this stuff and tinkering with customs & kitbashes probably slightly more than actually owning them.

But my favourites are *really* my favourites. That's a satisfying collection, such as it is. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

Just cause you don't speak Shyriiwook doesn't mean his lines don't count. :)

I'm a huge Chewbacca fan btw. :)

Boba Fett has 28 seconds of dialogue across all three films and did much less.

Everyone has fans.

Boba Fett has 28 seconds of dialogue across all three films and did much less.

I'm surprised it's that much, I honestly wouldn't have guessed a second more than 7.

Maybe in 10 years, by then there will be a few Chewie variants, maybe by different companies, but I don't think it'll happen in the next few years. Hot Toys continually mentions that this was the hardest figure they've ever had to create. If they don't see return through figure sales (which to them, will denote interest), they won't have any reason to go through all the trouble to make a variant. Especially considering that there is little to adjust. Sure his hair looks a little different in ESB and ROTJ, but essentially, he's the same (ie., no different outfits, etc.). I could see HT creating a folded up C3PO with backpack, but that would actually be more of a C3PO variant than a Chewie.
It's not like HT intentially creates bad figures. I would doubt that they would release this Chewie thinking, "it's crappy, but let's release it anyway, and we'll do a much better version next year". There is a good possibility that this is the best they could do (for various reasons) at this time.
I'm hoping, with futzing, as long as I have him somewhere on the shelf where I'm not looking at his side profile, I'll be happy with him. Fingers crossed!

Perhaps, but Chewie is still a really popular character and a figure collectors have been wanting for a while, and interest in SW is bound to surge even higher once the new movie comes out. All of which makes it pretty likely I think that HT will revisit the character in one form or another within the next 5 years or so.

I'm surprised it's that much, I honestly wouldn't have guessed a second more than 7.

Probably somewhere in the middle, come to think of it, taking into account dramatic pauses and musical score.

Off to work myself so will respond in kind later, but how much for this first session, and do you take insurance?

First one's free. ;)

As for "insurance" ... Republic credits are no good out here. Actually, they are. The Canadian dollar is getting killed.

Just keep your fingers crossed there isn't another port strike on the West Coast to hold up the shipping containers.

You know, the muzzle could actually be fine. I think what could be making it look too pushed out is the thick fur. Maybe with some futzzing and a bit of hair gel the fur on it can be fashioned to look more like HT initial photos.

You know, the muzzle could actually be fine. I think what could be making it look too pushed out is the thick fur. Maybe with some futzzing and a bit of hair gel the fur on it can be fashioned to look more like HT initial photos.

I think the plastic underneath is to blame, the mouth itself is out too far.

Back