1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

Just cause you don't speak Shyriiwook doesn't mean his lines don't count. :)

I'm a huge Chewbacca fan btw. :)

Sorry, that wasn´t aimed at you. I personally think that there is too much hype about this figure ...

Re: Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

Sorry, that wasn´t aimed at you. I personally think that there is too much hype about this figure ...

Don't worry. I thought the smileys gave away my half-joking tone but I guess not. :)

11825933_1085509628135054_8274619121070358821_n.jpg

Ha ha cant wait to read or see the instruction's and the how to hair Care for your Wookie.:lol

Finally u can use your hot toys Sweeney Todd barber chair, lot's of future Appointments already booked.:lol

Yeah, but Iron Man sells a bunch more and it's not particularly difficult. Molding plastic bits and rooting hair on a body suit are 2 different things. If these are a PITA to make, and the sales aren't there to justify it, why would they make more?
SW has more than a big enough audience to justify additional attempts. We'll see another version down the road.

The hair isn't rooted on this, it's fabric backed.
Not as complex at all. The issue they seemed to face was getting the hair to brush/sit properly around the face. But to me at least it seems like the biggest problem is the sculpt under the hair and the mouth eyes.

I've been following my tracking info. Tomorrow or friday I think.

Very cool Rory u always take great pics look forward to u posting n shutting the doubters up on this one. I'm sold n patiently waiting n plan on a 2nd just in case or to have.

I hope you guys are right for your sake. I'm just getting figs from SW and I'm cool with this one. It'd be nice if folks got their ESB and/or Jedi versions too though. I don't see it happening, but I'm wrong most of the time, so y'all got that going for you.

Haha, we'll see. I'd only start to get worried if down the line we see Chewie and the Chewie/Han set massively discounted. Seems like most people are sticking with their order, though, so hopefully that bodes well.

Maybe in 10 years, by then there will be a few Chewie variants, maybe by different companies, but I don't think it'll happen in the next few years. Hot Toys continually mentions that this was the hardest figure they've ever had to create. If they don't see return through figure sales (which to them, will denote interest), they won't have any reason to go through all the trouble to make a variant. Especially considering that there is little to adjust. Sure his hair looks a little different in ESB and ROTJ, but essentially, he's the same (ie., no different outfits, etc.). I could see HT creating a folded up C3PO with backpack, but that would actually be more of a C3PO variant than a Chewie.
It's not like HT intentially creates bad figures. I would doubt that they would release this Chewie thinking, "it's crappy, but let's release it anyway, and we'll do a much better version next year". There is a good possibility that this is the best they could do (for various reasons) at this time.
I'm hoping, with futzing, as long as I have him somewhere on the shelf where I'm not looking at his side profile, I'll be happy with him. Fingers crossed!

Not as complex at all. The issue they seemed to face was getting the hair to brush/sit properly around the face. But to me at least it seems like the biggest problem is the sculpt under the hair and the mouth eyes.

Looking forward to seeing you work your magic 😉

Really looking forward to your pics, Rory. I'm ready to press the ORDER button but I want to see more in-hand pics before doing so.

And I agree with you that it's the sculpt underneath that is the main issue with the head.

I wasn't going on record guaranteeing another hot toys Chewbacca will never be made, but I don't think its a sure thing. I just feel like this one is better than not having him at all. Statements made by hot toys indicate this was a major PITA to make, draw whatever conclusion you want from that.

I wasn't going on record guaranteeing another hot toys Chewbacca will never be made, but I don't think its a sure thing. I just feel like this one is better than not having him at all. Statements made by hot toys indicate this was a major PITA to make, draw whatever conclusion you want from that.

I agree.

Maybe one more version at the most will probably be made?

Lol at the comparisons to Iron Man. IM had, what, 45 or so different armors? Plus IM is very popular overseas, of course HT will pump out those armors. But saying Chewie will have more variations from HT just like IM? C'mon now! Was he wearing different outfits/ bandoliers or armors to justify making another one in the next couple of years? Probably one variation would be ESB when he carried C3PO on his back. Or if the TFA rumors are true, a robotic arm Chewie.:)

Zero, already delivered to stores in Hong Kong, already picked up by customers.

I might buy mine when it's available on SS, and delay the opening process. Maybe it'll get better with age like a fine wine. Then in a couple years I'll pour myself a glass of Chewie and enjoy him with a nice steak.

Back