1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I'm apparently being roundly ignored when I string together more than a couple dozen or so words at a time, let's try this just to put a period on the discussion:

SAME SCULPT:
image.jpg
image.jpg
All these shots are pulled from previous pages of this thread posted by members compared to yours and the JC Hong paintmater, hence the varying resolution

I can see the source of the confusion, but I thought I was reasonably clear in my last dissertation that all the publicity pictures (which would include those on the box, FYI) are of the proto, what's in the box is the improved sculpt, the same as the one for $100+ you tagged on eBay.

I know we settled this a page or so ago, but since I spent a descent amount of time trying my best to spell all this out (to no apparent avail), I feel compelled to finish this nice and personal...

You may have to deal with a bit of snarkeness from time to time, Phodis, but we're here to help. Let us. You're in good hands.

Last edited:
Since I'm apparently being roundly ignored when I string together more than a couple dozen or so words at a time, let's try this just to put a period on the discussion:

SAME SCULPT:
View attachment 225837
View attachment 225838
All these shots are pulled from previous pages of this thread posted by members compared to yours and the JC Hong paintmater, hence the varying resolution

I can see the source of the confusion, but I thought I was reasonably clear in my last dissertation that all the publicity pictures (which would include those on the box, FYI) are of the proto, what's in the box is the improved sculpt, the same as the one for $100+ you tagged on eBay.

I know we settled this a page or so ago, but since I spent a descent amount of time trying my best to spell all this out (to no apparent avail), I feel compelled to finish this nice and personal...

You may have to deal with a bit of snarkeness from time to time, Phodis, but we're here to help. Let us. You're in good hands.

Tom Cruise looks great in all those shots! :wink1:

Sorry to have wasted your time guys. I thought there was a better sculpt. My mistake. Lighting makes all the difference and its a shame when the figures cost this much money you have to be a trick photographer to make him look right. I gotta say the reason I came here was to see if there was a better version of the sculpt out there... which I am sure there will be sooner or later. On a side not thanks for making a new poster feel so welcome. Cheers

So, in conclusion, you think the head looks better in pics (specifically, ebay pics) than in-hand?

It was supposed to be an edit, not a double post. My bad. :lol

So what was the figure that went into the other telepod with DX 05 Indy to form this Hot Toys Han Solo figure? :lol

giphy.gif

@ QuiGonFishing,
I was away yesteday and just saw the photos you posted. :p Thanks for going to the trouble to show the sculpts from several angle/light levels etc. I was convinced I had missed out on the new one after seeing the before/after pic etc. But it can look so different with those conditions.

Yesterday I found myself in Brisbane's Supernova (Australian version of Comicon I guess)... had never been to one before and was blown away. I Didn't realize they were going to be selling figures there :D Got Vader (Just the sideshow version as they didn't have the one with the probedroid) .... and a Stormtrooper.. love em. I took my Chewbacca there to get the box signed by Peter Mayhew (nice guy), and was a real thrill to meet him. The prices at the event were way cheaper than any website in Australia at least. I will definitely be going to that kind of event in the future to get more figures.

@ QuiGonFishing,
I was away yesteday and just saw the photos you posted. [emoji14] Thanks for going to the trouble to show the sculpts from several angle/light levels etc. I was convinced I had missed out on the new one after seeing the before/after pic etc. But it can look so different with those conditions.

Yesterday I found myself in Brisbane's Supernova (Australian version of Comicon I guess)... had never been to one before and was blown away. I Didn't realize they were going to be selling figures there :D Got Vader (Just the sideshow version as they didn't have the one with the probedroid) .... and a Stormtrooper.. love em. I took my Chewbacca there to get the box signed by Peter Mayhew (nice guy), and was a real thrill to meet him. The prices at the event were way cheaper than any website in Australia at least. I will definitely be going to that kind of event in the future to get more figures.
I find that hard to believe, they usually price gouge at those events for everything. I guess compared to some Aussie websites things could be cheaper.

I find that hard to believe, they usually price gouge at those events for everything. I guess compared to some Aussie websites things could be cheaper.

I was at a show in the states recently and a dealer there told me that they were restricted from pricing items below a certain point on their website, but at shows they could do whatever they wanted and so the prices on numerous Hot Toys figures were very good (Robocop for $225, etc., similar to Sideshow Black Friday Spook type of deals), but other than that you usually see overpriced stuff, like you say, all depends I guess on the type of seller. If it's an authorized dealer, they might be trying to actually move some stuff.

I got a Darth Vader SC for $287 (usually around $350-400 ish here), and the Stormtrooper HT cost me $220 (usually $279 ish) so I think I'll be making visits whenever possible to the events here. God I love the Stormtrooper (standard ANH one), looks cool next to Vader. Shame Vaders Saber doesn't illuminate, but I think I'll sort that out with an LED this week. :p

The proto is still on Sideshow's page, and the hair is different than in KD's photos.

902266-han-solo-005.jpg

Agreed. Even Chewie looks different from the proto... we've all been cheated and manipulated by the promo pictures. :rotfl
Just my opinion, I still prefer the proto Han and Chewie rather than the end product.

Back