1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you guys get bored and come up with random people to compare with this figure? It's not a perfect Harrison Ford, but some of these are getting ridiculous.

pretty much....this is probably the best looking Ford/Han Solo we'll ever get

The bigger the fan the higher the expectations tend to be I guess. It's a satisfactory figure for me, but a couple notches down from Leia and Luke.

Im a huge fan, I bought a lot of the Episode 1 merchandise to prove it :lol, but I am very happy with how they turned out. Some people like to complain just to complain.

The head sculpt on this is pretty bad, i much preferred the prototype head.

Luke and Leia are only profos. So they still stand the chance of being on the same notch.

HT is pretty consistent with its proto --> production. I'd be surprised if Luke and Leia threw up any changes for the worse. But even comparing protos, Han is a couple notches down on the twins :)

Im a huge fan, I bought a lot of the Episode 1 merchandise to prove it :lol, but I am very happy with how they turned out. Some people like to complain just to complain.

I think the complaining is mostly disappointment - Han Solo is a big character and some people know his face as well they know their best mate's. I think this sculpt has its good angles as well as angles where it doesn't look great. It's a 7.5/10 for me. Expecting an 8+ sculpt every time makes for an unhappy collector :)

Well said, Lejuan, that about sums up my situation. The pair are good, but just not close enough for me to happily spend $600+ CAD and potentially be selling them off before they're ever displayed. I'm confident we will eventually get a better ESB version and if not, I don't think this set will ever be difficult to obtain.

I'm wondering where are the photo threads that happen when a figure is released?

there are 60+ photos on the Hot Toys FB page, along with others on other pages, as well as previously today in this thread a few pages back.....................:horror

I also agree w/ Dutch, I liked the prototype much better, and really did not see what the big fuss was over it. this is worse IMO. will wait to see in hand pics now to decide if I get it or not.

[
11865318_10152992668037344_7837189349827346614_o.jpg

11828580_10152992668032344_1879722772117641769_n.jpg

Thanks for posting this Cixx

This angle looks pure HF Solo (straight on shots is where it looses it a tad) can't wait to get these in my collection.

looks good.

I agree. I think for the prices they are charging now for figures that these sculpts should be much better. This head just doesn't cut it at all.

Sean

Thats why I'm passing on this one. I just hope they don't screw up Luke and Leia since those two are my most anticipated figures.

Well said, Lejuan, that about sums up my situation. The pair are good, but just not close enough for me to happily spend $600+ CAD and potentially be selling them off before they're ever displayed. I'm confident we will eventually get a better ESB version and if not, I don't think this set will ever be difficult to obtain.

I was all-in from the outset with a flex-pay schedule, so for better or worse these were going to be on my shelf. I have to say that I feel a lot better about it when I don't think about what they cost. The strengthening US dollar has added a bit more hurt. But yeah, 600 bucks... faaaaaark!

I agree. I think for the prices they are charging now for figures that these sculpts should be much better. This head just doesn't cut it at all.

I think it's more accurate to say that, with the prices you're having to pay, you expect much better? The price of these things can double tomorrow and the quality will remain as good or bad as it is today. Sometimes the art is on the mark, other times it's a bit wide of it.

there are 60+ photos on the Hot Toys FB page, along with others on other pages, as well as previously today in this thread a few pages back.....................:horror

I also agree w/ Dutch, I liked the prototype much better, and really did not see what the big fuss was over it. this is worse IMO. will wait to see in hand pics now to decide if I get it or not. but Chewie is a def no go now.

Well in the past, photo threads were started showing of the photographers work. Maybe they have all gotten sick of this board.

Sean

HT and SS are charging hefty prices for their human characters. Neither have an excuse to produce lackluster sculpts, tailoring, paint apps, wonky bodies etc. but they do. Misfires will happen. The good being while ANH version may be average, I'll bet the next offering will be much better.

I was all-in from the outset with a flex-pay schedule, so for better or worse these were going to be on my shelf. I have to say that I feel a lot better about it when I don't think about what they cost. The strengthening US dollar has added a bit more hurt. But yeah, 600 bucks... faaaaaark!
Yep, I was 7 payments in, as well (8th and last to be Aug 25th), so I lost my $48.00 NRD but it takes the place of any flex penalties, thankfully. Still not great but I paid it long ago, now, so I just try to ignore it. :/

Still, in your case at least these will be going on display right away. Mine would be looked at once, boxed-up and thrown into the basement for storage until all our renos are done (which we're doing bit by bit over time), so just thinking about it, it didn't make sense to have these in storage when there's a very real possibility of a better iteration on pre-order within the next two years or so (which would fit with our reno timeline). If I were ready to display them now there is a much better chance that I'd have kept the order. I also think once on display a lot of the nitpicks will disappear. No matter what it's still a cool release.

Well in the past, photo threads were started showing of the photographers work. Maybe they have all gotten sick of this board.

well perhaps it was all the neg comments to the FB photos earlier today, or maybe they will post tomorrow or later on. For me I saw enough w/ what was posted here, and on FB to know I am not sold yet, hair is too dark still, the wrist joints show way too much, and the face sculpt just looked better before they messed w/ it IMO. Maybe they can release both head sculpts and make everyone happy in the Han release. hahahaha I know......:rotfl

Back