1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had the Space Tracker head for a couple of days now and here's my little review (pics tomorrow)

I dunno. This is a weird one. In your hand it looks great, but every time I put it on a fig set-up, I don't like it - same thing I noticed with the Treasure Hunter, which I have on a HT Indy set-up. The apps, like on Treasure Hunter, are stellar - kinda makes you angry at Sideshow - a recast head has way-better apps than ANYTHING Sideshow has done up to today. Close to HT. And there's unquestionably a lot of HF in this sculpt.

And where the hair sculpt came from I have no idea (did a recaster really pay a sculpter to sculpt that hair, or is it from another figure?) But for under $40 shipped, it's a stellar deal.

Yet... as people have said, it's a bit cartoony. It reminds me (a lot) of the Sideshow German Indy head, which is unmistakably HF, but it really looks straight out of a comic strip. He also has a slightly goofy expression, also like the German Indy head.

Originally Choi was I guess going for a smirk, but it didn't quite translate in the recasts. The ultimate revenge for owners of the original Choi Indy head is that - despite the oversize (the recasts are smaller) - the likeness is better than on the recasts.

I may tweak the hair to a brown (it's almost black like the HT head) but I really can't say I love this head. Glad I didn't buy a second as I had planned. I would also say that to me, this head's look is VERY clearly too old for ESB. Han had a quite a slender, youthful look still in ESB, but by ROTJ he was looking older and touch more doughy (he turned 40 during the ROTJ shoot) so that's likely how I'm going to use it. I'm going to play with a ROTJ outfit in the trenchcoat for this one - I don't have a ROTJ vest or shirt, but you can't really see it anyway.

Overall, a great deal for a ROTJ-only era Han that is definitely on the cartoony side, feels a little oversized but has a lot of HF likeness.

here is the hot toys han with the sideshow hoth un hatted hair piece. I think with the hair change brings out more of Harrison ford then the stock hair ever did. IMG_0240.jpg

Yeah, that does look better. And nice review, Tali! I ordered the sculpt on impulse and a couple decent pics and then kinda regretted it. Still waiting on its arrival.

Horrendous !
All they have done is put a smirk on him and made his hair lighter to a sculpt what doesn't look like him
and say $250 dollars please kerching!!

I'm trying to remember when he smirked when in the trooper gear. It was all complaints and duress at that time. Smirk was when he dismissed the force or talked about dating the princess to Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back