1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I have the UU pants - they're the only really accurate Han ESB/ROTJ pants (the SSC stripes are too broad and the color's a little off.) They're really snug. I have them on a Soldier Story body which generally have pretty skinny upper legs. It's fine, in the movies the pants aren't loose fitting, but these seem about one size under what would be ideal for a regular HT body. The UU Han seems to have the Medi scale, but I've only had a few parts from it.

I may try the Hasbro ROTJ coat when my Don Draper-Bogart... I mean Han... head arrives.:lol

Ah, a Soldier Story body, gotcha, yeah Medi gear would be snug on that. I used one on an Indy long ago, but I never thought it had the right height or bulk. I used it at the time because it looked good with an open shirt.

I just about had myself convinced the HT sculpt was'OK' but that OSK head does look slightly better, decided to take the plunge and order it (my 1st 1/6th separate part, hope it's not a slippery slope...). Can anyone who has it confirm please, does this just pop onto the HT neck peg as-is? Thanks.

I used an HT clone, but, I took out the cup from inside the head and heated it to get it onto the neck ball. The cup sits too deep inside the head, but, I just put a wad of blu tack in the head before putting the cup back in. I could then adjust the sit on the neck till it was just right. Mine is a bit wobbly as the cup is a little loose, but it shouldn't matter if you don't pose it too much.

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes". ;)

GREAT pics Dresky!

Well it is... it's just not han.. and I totally disagree with the stubble hard to see those super dark background pictures above you see it right away.

Laziness that they didn't amend that.

Still better than the hot toys abomination though lol

Last edited:
It's an option open to more people than a Jnix that someone then has to be hired to paint. I don't mind the stubble, it makes him more rugged and believable. It's hard to picture Han having time to shave. Not something Chewie ever has to worry about...

Maybe the Jnix is harder to get than the MJ was!? Maybe someone will. I'm not all that bothered about slight inaccuracies, I can live with them if it makes the difference between having the figure or having a pile of gear I'll never use.

Oh, right, it must just be the hair making it look bigger then. I have both and was under the impression that the Han was slightly larger, then again, I've never had them side by side.

Mine is all SSC Bespin apart from the DID boots, they make him taller than Indy as the heels are higher.

I'm just to into any of these pictures I see of the bashes... All i see is Indy.. even with the hair... it's the stubble, it just gives it away even from the super far away shots.

Think I'm just gonna hold out for a HT Bespin Han. Even with a decent custom head, the two Sideshow outfits still look a bit too cheap and poorly tailored for my taste, especially now that I have an ANH Han to compare it with.

Well with had a few Harrison ford's this past year !!

IMG_4227.jpgIMG_4228.jpgIMG_4229.jpgIMG_4230.jpg

When I'm using the DiD boots I take the feet off the figure, and this takes off a bit of the extra height. With the feet some figures look too tall.

I did have him on a narrow shoulder with plastic neck before, but changed to a TTM19 clone. I haven't found a proper way to attach this sculpt (Hunter and Tracker). On Indy I used blue tack inside the head to push the peg into, and on Han I just pushed it down onto the neck after removing the joint from inside the neck.

I also removed the 'cup' from inside both sculpts.

I got the sculpts on the neck balls fine both times. The cup is flexible and you have to heat it to get the ball to fit. Then I put blu tack inside the head and pushed the cup in till I was satisfied with the sit. My Han and Indy are stood far enough apart and at right angles to each other so I don't notice the height difference.

Interestingly, the figure the boots came off used a shorter body than the usual DID All Era Body.

JNIX sculpt is still supreme but i think the HT sculpt has the better 'overall' proportional features to any of the others only let down by the bland expression...i like the indy sculpt but seeing that new recast solo beside it really highlights how exaggerated the features are, bordering on caricature..

Yeah and being totally honest the first batch of Jnix looked way way better paint wise. I have both, that looks like its from batch 2. Batch one as far superior.

Still on the side of the heads being just a bit too shiny overall though.

I love the JNIX but that sheen looks so creepy in those photos. Glad it doesn't look like that on my shelf. :lol

Yes Ive gone off it a bit, it looks alright on the stormtrooper body because he looks sweaty and flustered like he did on the Death Star in AHN
The jnix's head suits him for that look but the HT's head is proportional right but you might as well put HT's Obi wan head on because it's doesn't look like Harrison ford from any year

Back