1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These sculps are really, really F'N great. I would for sure pay the $200 or what ever it cost to get one of these! Bummed I missed out.

I think it was more like 400...

400 for the head alone? No that's not right. I thought people were saying after buying the head it brought the whole price for having the HT Solo with this custom head painted to a total of $400.

Maybe I'm wrong but 400 for the head sculpt alone... That's F'N Richie Rich! It does look amazingly like ford though.

Wow that head sculpt and paint is the best ever. How much was the painted head itself?

Just under $200 for a painted sculpt. I scoff at most custom sculpt prices but this one all painted up by Jnix looks to be worth every penny. I've got an unpainted one coming. I hope I can do it justice with my brushes.

Yea whoever said 400 I think is just from the school of thought of anti customs around here. Which I do understand, they are expensive, but in this case actually quite reasonable for the level of quality. I also hate the fact that companies end up dropping the ball from time to time, and no, we shouldn't have to put more cash into an already expensive product, but in a case like this, it's practically a no brainier if you are a Star Wars fan. Owning custom works of art like this is also a pretty sound investment if that is your worry. There is always a market for them and they almost always appreciate in value, plus you get to own a legit peice of work. It wouldn't surprise me if JNIX does another run of these, there's more than enough interest. Be sure not to hesitate if he does.

I think, it was maybe TaliBane who mentioned $400. I think he was just thinking $225 for the HT Han, plus $190 for the painted head. But again, the HT head does have to really be subtracted from the equation and some folks are painting the heads themselves at which point, if you have the talent, it's a wash. After seeing the quality of these painted heads, the price I paid seems like a steal. Can't wait to pop it on later.

Yeah the $400 number was a total cost for a finished Han.

To have a one-and-done, $400 is well worth it for the best hero of the OT. I myself am one of the under-educated who missed out because I had no idea of jinx's lurking brilliance.

This sculpt really is magnificent! Thanks for the shoutout QGF!

And yeah, I wish Jnix all the best, but I really hope he keeps doing his own thing.

Sweet Mother Mary!!....Forget what I said!

From Comatoast:
hancloseup2.jpg

That's a hell of a sculpt. It really captures the personality of Han Solo. The only criticism I could give is that it doesn't quite (whether it's in the sculpt or paint or both, I'm uncertain) capture that realism of HT's products. It's probably a non-issue in hand though.

In hand, both the paint and sculpt have sharper details than any of my HT sculpts. It more closely resembles a HT prototype than a production figure in level of detail.

Yea whoever said 400 I think is just from the school of thought of anti customs around here. Which I do understand, they are expensive, but in this case actually quite reasonable for the level of quality. I also hate the fact that companies end up dropping the ball from time to time, and no, we shouldn't have to put more cash into an already expensive product, but in a case like this, it's practically a no brainier if you are a Star Wars fan. Owning custom works of art like this is also a pretty sound investment if that is your worry. There is always a market for them and they almost always appreciate in value, plus you get to own a legit peice of work. It wouldn't surprise me if JNIX does another run of these, there's more than enough interest. Be sure not to hesitate if he does.

Yeah, I'm total Mr. Anti-customs - I've made over a dozen myself and spend as much time in the customs section as in the main one.:lol But no, as TonTon said, I meant the painted head is $160 plus shipping and the HT Han is $225 plus shipping, so yeah - together it's over $400 including the two items' shipping/duties costs (how far over depends on where you are in the world, but in the $410-$460 range for everyone.) But hey - it's Han freakin' Solo.:yess:

Jnix did an amazing job. The thing he nailed is that HF's mouth is a major part of his look/persona and his top lip has a slight Billy Idol curl (upper left from our viewpoint) most of the time. It's what visually sets up the HF sardonic persona. And it's nowhere to be seen in the HT sculpt and Jnix nailed both the curl and the slightly agape mouth.

This photo from Comatoast is superb and really shows the quality of the sculpt and paintjob. In person, it's the best painted head I have ever seen. Better than any HT factory paintjob and as another member said, I would say it's on a par with the HT prototype paintjobs by JC Hong. Jnix - once again, my thanks for sharing your amazing skills with us here and for allowing us to own a piece of your phenomenal artwork.

This sculpt really is magnificent! Thanks for the shoutout QGF!

And yeah, I wish Jnix all the best, but I really hope he keeps doing his own thing.

Back