1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
either he has the serial killer eye look from the uu han and now we have the dead stare look now from HT. :dunno

Yeah, I'm getting him but I think the HT Bespin Han and Stormie Han will be the "one."

This is definitely a lot better than the UU - looking forward to seeing how dead Harrison Bored compares to stoned Tan Solo in-hand:lol

Found an easy and cheap fix for the boots.

Take an empty roll of wrapping paper:
View attachment 217004

Cut off an even portion, longer than you'll need to fill the inside of the boot:
View attachment 217005

Cut that section in half, vertically (you'll use one half for each boot):
View attachment 217006

Roll one of the pieces you just cut with the natural curve of the cardboard:
View attachment 217007

Stick the rolled cardboard into the boot to figure out how much extra you have:
View attachment 217008

Shave enough length off the cardboard so that it will rest 1/4" or so below the top of the boot:
View attachment 217009

Place the rolled cardboard back into the boot, being sure to go around the plastic at the bottom of the boot that the foot peg snaps into:
View attachment 217010

Reconnect boot to leg, being careful not to let the cardboard rise up out of the base of the boot:
View attachment 217011

View attachment 217012
Awesome, won't have to fiddle with cotton or other such stuff trying to get it right. Easy, simple, perfect.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Mod looks great, Chronos! Does it still retain the ankle articulation?

There's some stiff articulation with the cardboard inserts. Less so than without them. Basically, have to pick your poison. To me, Han doesn't really warrant any crazy dynamic posing so I don't expect the inserts will pose a problem.

Pretty sure if you make one light fold in the cardboard where the ankle meets the foot.... that articulation will flow easier and still maintain rigidity of the boot.

Pretty sure if you make one light fold in the cardboard where the ankle meets the foot.... that articulation will flow easier and still maintain rigidity of the boot.

Yeah, either way looks a ton better and I'd be willing to lose a little bit of articulation. The stock boots look like someone broke all of the bones in Han's ankles.

Very tough to keep that cardboard toilet paper roll in place -- keeps riding up past the place it needs to fix. I used a combination cardboard and stuffing just in case.

The boots are made weird -- cut at an extreme forward leaning angle -- only really look good when Han is somewhat crouched to shoot.

Han + Chewbacca 1.jpg

Han + Chewbacca 2.jpg

I need a much more extreme pose....

I Wish we had more pic's with the O.T gang all together , break the rest out for pic's along with the bad guy's.

Just wait until a few months from now when Luke, Ben, Vader, C3PO and Leia are released!

I Dream about it ,and cant wait! When i Wake up to it. Emperor , Vader , trooper , han , Chew , luke , Leia , Boba , Troopers, then my wallet can rest a little. ha ,ha....:lol
Until then i'm chopping down all my order's 1 by fn 1 to a masterpiece display.:lsvader:r2d2line

Very tough to keep that cardboard toilet paper roll in place -- keeps riding up past the place it needs to fix. I used a combination cardboard and stuffing just in case.

The boots are made weird -- cut at an extreme forward leaning angle -- only really look good when Han is somewhat crouched to shoot.

View attachment 217161

View attachment 217162

I need a much more extreme pose....
Looks like Han "extremely" needs to go to the toilet !! :)

Very tough to keep that cardboard toilet paper roll in place -- keeps riding up past the place it needs to fix

Did you use an actual toilet paper roll or a thicker one for wrapping paper? I used one for wrapping paper and haven't had that issue. I also made sure that I cut the length to just below the top of the boot so that I could push it down by hand if needed. Though maybe you're just looking for more articulation in the ankles than I am.

I noticed this too. At one point I flattened the boots out between the pages of a thick book to try and force them back into shape. It was really noticeable then. They're fashioned together at what seems to be a 10 degree angle or so. I can't imagine that it was intentional.

Looks like Han "extremely" needs to go to the toilet !! :)

:lol Yeah, I tried to pose him in that pigeon-toed stance that Harrison Ford often does as Indy... but it does look a bit weird.

Did you use an actual toilet paper roll or a thicker one for wrapping paper?

I used a paper towel roll, very firm, almost the full length of the boot. But the way the boots tweak in back when positioning, it seems to work the cardboard upwards and ultimately away from the area that needs support.

The "foot" inside the boot has an "ankle" portion that helps create this problem. I'd like to work those "boot feet" out of the boot and use regular feet to see if that helps.

Back