1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your thoughts and pics, Wor. :duff I really wish Chewie had turned out better so I would've felt compelled to get him. Han without his sidekick doesn't seem quite right.

* shakes head *

That was a low hanging curveball for someone to call me a racist sacrilegious sack of s---. Turn in your keyboard.

Found an easy and cheap fix for the boots.

Take an empty roll of wrapping paper:
Boot Fix 1.JPG

Cut off an even portion, longer than you'll need to fill the inside of the boot:
Boot Fix 2.JPG

Cut that section in half, vertically (you'll use one half for each boot):
Boot Fix 3.JPG

Roll one of the pieces you just cut with the natural curve of the cardboard:
Boot Fix 4.JPG

Stick the rolled cardboard into the boot to figure out how much extra you have:
Boot Fix 5.JPG

Shave enough length off the cardboard so that it will rest 1/4" or so below the top of the boot:
Boot Fix 6.JPG

Place the rolled cardboard back into the boot, being sure to go around the plastic at the bottom of the boot that the foot peg snaps into:
Boot Fix 7.JPG

Reconnect boot to leg, being careful not to let the cardboard rise up out of the base of the boot:
Boot Fix 8.JPG

Boot Fix 9.JPG

So nice use for the empty toilet paper roll lol.:lol Whatever works cardboard roll or cotten stuffed in for boots mod.

So nice use for the empty toilet paper roll lol.:lol Whatever works cardboard roll or cotten stuffed in for boots mod.

Haha, I wouldn't use a toilet paper roll though, not as rigid. I tried stuffing the boots with cotton but it's harder to get the cotton in place and to reattach the leg afterwards. It also didn't hold the shape as well. The reason I went with the wrapping paper roll is that the natural curve of the cardboard presses out against the boot from the inside to force it into shape.

200_s.gif

Again nice tips on a quick easy mod for us thank's Chronos.:hi5: I'm still waiting for Greedo han pics at cantina sometime.

One comment I forgot on Han... one other thing I don't care for.... the very blank stare of the eyes. It is unfortunate but he really has lifeless eyes; just this strange dead stare.

Just so you guys know...

Han showed up today -- fantastic sculpt!

I just wish they hadn't given him a toupee. The seam is pretty noticeable, and I have no intention of using the headset on him.

I won't be getting Chewy, either. I admire the effort with the real fur, but still find it too dark and not a great likeness.

I guess ol' Han will just have to fly... solo.

One comment I forgot on Han... one other thing I don't care for.... the very blank stare of the eyes. It is unfortunate but he really has lifeless eyes; just this strange dead stare.

Just so you guys know...

Glad you remembered - I thought maybe it wasn't noticeable to everyone. That Harrison Bored thing was the key issue that made me pause on grabbing this one in the first weeks.

Now those words are going to be echoing in my mind as I open him... "Oh, forgot - and there's also this unfortunate, strange, blank, dead, lifeless stare to the eyes.":lol:gah:

Back