1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is. I think they used a dryer to heat it up, making the hair strands easy to adjust. When it cools it stays in the new position.

From my understanding at least, I've never tried it.

Oh I see. Seems kind of odd to me, but thats just my opinion and I'm new to the hobby. Of course, I also like things in original shape/condition lol.

Heck I made a whole 2nd figure with mine. :lecture

10993072_10153859667734460_3116599021996292804_n.jpg

So what is the process for heating the neck peg. I've never done this before. I can't use the masked head right now

I tried heating it with a hair dryer, and it didn't help at all. Eventually, I just stuck a pen/Sharpie into the hole on the masked head so that it slowly expanded the hole. The neck peg hole is still smaller than the one on the unmasked head, but at least I can put it on the neck peg now (albeit not fully). And after all that, I'm not even sure if I like the masked head more... :gah:

I remember months back someone had altered his hair using a hair dryer or something, making it look windblown. Anyone have those pics?

I did that, though not for a really windblown look - I just adjusted the helmet-look into a bit more relaxed one. I heated it with a hairdryer on high heat and gently nudged the first few strands outside on both heads. It looks a bit more natural now - also, if you don't like the look, heat it again with the blowdryer and the hair automatically returns to its original position.

So what is the process for heating the neck peg. I've never done this before. I can't use the masked head right now

I just heated the inside of the head and the neck peg with my trusty blowdryer for a minute or two and after that the masked head popped on easily. There was no need for boiling water. I haven't tried to remove it yet, because I prefer the masked one, but the figure is home now (I keep it at work otherwise), so I can try to see how it comes off if you want.

Just got this guy on Friday. I really, really like it. These are the only two photos I've taken so far.

IMG_4600-Edit.jpg

IMG_4594-Edit.jpg

^ Great pics as always sab4279 :clap Congrats! Glad you like him, he is one of my most favourite Hot Toys figures.

^ Great pics as always sab4279 :clap Congrats! Glad you like him, he is one of my most favourite Hot Toys figures.

Very nice photos :clap surprisingly I like the second one more, despite my weakness for B&W photos :lol

Thanks!

Brainy, I wanted to changed out his head for the B&W photo, cause I think that would look great in B&W, but I can't. :lol

I've heard the head is hard to remove. Is he boxed with the masked sculpt on? That's how I'm gonna display him

No, he's boxed with the unmasked. The masked sculpt is really tight on his head (I had to warm it to put it on), but I could normally remove it if I hadn't injured my hand. I have to wait for someone to do it for me now. :lol

Back