1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bucky is not comparable to Darth Vader for me - Darth Vader was a protege, a student of the Emperor's who chose the dark side. Bucky as Winter Soldier is just a blunt instrument. He has no feelings/memories/choices of his own - those were all taken away from him right along with not just his identity, but also his status a a person. Bucky Barnes never went to the "dark side" - he was basically erased from existence and his body was used as a weapon. I thought that was made very clear in the brain wipe scene. Heel/face turn doesn't work for Bucky at the end of TWS, especially as a comparison with Darth Vader.

Are we talking the MCU movie version or comic version? In the comic, his memories were wiped, but it was like he started a new life in Russia being their assassin. He had feelings and emotions, which is how he and Black Widow fell in love, back when she was working for the Russians. Cap used the cosmic cube to make Bucky remember everything, that how he became good again, but he never forgot his relationship with Widow and they became a couple again (until her memory got wiped).

Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible F...

:woo Just bought this guy. I cannot wait to get him! :blissy

Last edited:
You can pick him up for about $201 shipped right now with the Mothers Day coupon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bucky is not comparable to Darth Vader for me - Darth Vader was a protege, a student of the Emperor's who chose the dark side. Bucky as Winter Soldier is just a blunt instrument. He has no feelings/memories/choices of his own - those were all taken away from him right along with not just his identity, but also his status a a person. Bucky Barnes never went to the "dark side" - he was basically erased from existence and his body was used as a weapon. I thought that was made very clear in the brain wipe scene. Heel/face turn doesn't work for Bucky at the end of TWS, especially as a comparison with Darth Vader.

I wasn't saying that the two were identical in every facet, but they are both the 'dragon' trope in their respective movie verses to a greater 'evil' if you like..

As for being an instrument, you could depending on your point of view (quoting Obi-Wan) argue the same about the early write of Vader. Vader prior to 1984 was not an emo overgrown kid who chose to cut the hand off one mentor, move to a new and evil mentor and then kill a heap of kids with no conscience, for some bizarre reason like saving his wife.

Of course, even in the original OT Vader's backstory was tweaked. He started as a big bad henchman in a suit, and before long was such a breakout hit he was turned into Luke's cybernetic father with a life support suit for greater emotional impact. But like Obi-Wan said, the man Anakin Skywalker no longer existed. He was now more machine than man, twisted and evil... Brainwashed if you will.. Anakin no longer existed. Anakin too was erased from existence. Darth Vader was a name of a bad dude who could use the force who was no longer the man he was as a jedi.. not some Sith title for a former jedi in some Sith vs Jedi battle that had been going on for generations. That concept was created years later, along with the rule of two.

Now we have the PT and a whole greater EU, so things have changed a lot, with characters like Count Dooku and Jacen Solo switching sides for whatever their respective reasons were, and going by the name Darth Something, but Vader in 1980 was a different beast..

I've never taken Obi-wan's phrase as literal truth. It was a fancy way of saying his protege had become monstrous - ANH vs. ESB/the rest doesn't really matter because Anakin's the direction they went in with the character.

Bucky wouldn't have become the Winter Soldier if Hydra hadn't stripped him of his identity and in the movie he isn't even a person anymore - he's "the asset". There is no seeing him as a villain for me.

I finally ordered him last month with a 20% off code and flexed him. I might go ahead and pay him off next check. Can't wait to get him after all this time.

I remember months back someone had altered his hair using a hair dryer or something, making it look windblown. Anyone have those pics?

I finally ordered him last month with a 20% off code and flexed him. I might go ahead and pay him off next check. Can't wait to get him after all this time.

I remember months back someone had altered his hair using a hair dryer or something, making it look windblown. Anyone have those pics?

I got him on flexpay too....can't wait to get it in-hand!

Back