1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too! Cap just survived the old lab bombing.

Love this flick, it never gets old. But this was a bad idea. Now the wait for WS & Stealth pack is harder and I'm having second thoughts about going for Widow when I already firmly decided to pass :slap

Just found out my wife is giving me this guy for my bday! :yess: Gotta wait a month though.

Keeper material :clap

OK so I got the e-mail saying it was going to be charged on October 31st.
I haven't gotten a shipping e-mail yet.
Has anyone else had this issue?

Yeah, that Dredd jacket worked well for that look. Nice job.

I'm surprised so many people want to use this look and cover his arm for their displays.

Your wife loves you

Keeper material :clap

She's pretty awesome about this hobby. She definitely doesn't love the prices but this will be the third year she's gotten me a figure for my bday. (Luke, Mime Joker previously) She mostly rolls her eyes when I get a new one in but she's usually really impressed with the likenesses and details. I tell her our soon to be born son will be inheriting them someday too. I think she draws the line at Black Widow due to 'doll hair' though. :lol

She's pretty awesome about this hobby. She definitely doesn't love the prices but this will be the third year she's gotten me a figure for my bday. (Luke, Mime Joker previously) She mostly rolls her eyes when I get a new one in but she's usually really impressed with the likenesses and details. I tell her our soon to be born son will be inheriting them someday too. I think she draws the line at Black Widow due to 'doll hair' though. :lol

We're lucky men. My girl actually likes and appreciates the hobby. She doesn't collect herself but likes my collection. She always asks about what's doing on this forum (mostly about the custom stuff)

I'm surprised so many people want to use this look and cover his arm for their displays.
I only did it because I bought another body just for that look. I'll bring that one into work and leave the other on display.

For those who are going for this look, you'll need to remove the under padding and one sleeved shirt. Dredds jacket is a tight fit, especially over the mech arm.

We're lucky men. My girl actually likes and appreciates the hobby. She doesn't collect herself but likes my collection. She always asks about what's doing on this forum (mostly about the custom stuff)

Absolutely. My wife is on the same lines as yours. Doesn't collect but really likes and appreciates what I have in my collection. When she can, if I don't beat her to it, she buys me figures for b-days and X-Mas. A couple of days ago I was deciding between Zod and Winter Soldier as I like them both. She told me to get the WS and then gave me all her reasons why she liked it better than Zod. When your significant other says they're "cool", you know you are golden :)

Absolutely. My wife is on the same lines as yours. Doesn't collect but really likes and appreciates what I have in my collection. When she can, if I don't beat her to it, she buys me figures for b-days and X-Mas. A couple of days ago I was deciding between Zod and Winter Soldier as I like them both. She told me to get the WS and then gave me all her reasons why she liked it better than Zod. When your significant other says they're "cool", you know you are golden :)

Yeah that pretty much gives you the green light to collect haha. At least that's what I tell myself when my wife says cool.

Bane says: "...then..you have my permission to [COLLECT]"

Yup! The good life :chillpill:

Under more natural light.

Great job, Hippie, that looks amazing! :clap

Maybe it's because the arm turned out a little meh? Or maybe it's because it looks badass? :dunno :lol

Thanks Yankee.

I got a great deal on the body. Came with the one-sleeved shirt. Bought the pants which came with all of the weapons, minus the 2 grenades but I had a couple from the MGL I bought a while back. Then I got the embossed vest to go under the jacket. I found some concept art renders so I based my bash on that and not necessarily what he looks like in the movie.

I like the exposed arm look better but since I had the extra Dredd figure, I wanted to make use of the clothes. The jacket is perfectly cut and is a pretty close match to the one Winter Soldier wore in his first scene. Im thinking of sewing on some brown trim accents but haven't decided yet.

I really wish the head sculpts had rooted hair. If any figure (besides Joker) needed it, it's Winter Soldier.

Since a majority of us were charged last Friday, there is no excuse for this to not ship today.

If not, what was the point of charging us? especially since SSC has told me in the past that they can't allow me to pay off a figure early if it's not in the warehouse.

Back