1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@FullMetalHippie: Well he did make a promise...

"No point in begging, right?" "no"

I love how the line in the first episode wasn't just a throw-away. I had a feeling things were going to come full circle for ol' Gareth.

Sorry, back on topic.

As far as Widow's hair, I have futzed with it a bit. It was kind of crunchy when I first took her out of the box but after trying to "style" it for a while, it became softer and more pliable, if that makes sense. Almost like I worked the product out of it. I'll reply to your PM right now.

Thanks brother

Did you do anything to either Cap's or WS's height, or are they the same size out of the box?

I know some didn't like the disparity between GA and the prior Caps so they swapped the long foot pegs for standard ones

Nope, both are stock from the box. I'm making another Winter Soldier figure. I just bought the WS body and pants that include all of the weapons. I'm going to use the new Dredd jacket and masked sculpt for the "blow up Nick Fury's SUV scene" look. Just have to figure out a good pose while holding the remote mine gun.

Too lazy to post a "do it" gif, so...DO IT!

It's a lot easier to do than you think. I'm no customizer but I gave it a shot and it turned out. Anyone want to volunteer their shield for a tutorial video? Or I could just try it on my Titan Cap's shield.

I think you mentioned what you did before, but I was thinking of a matte clearcoat (got some Tamiya lying around for my Cap shield) followed by drybrushed black paint. Is that close to what you did?

I think you mentioned what you did before, but I was thinking of a matte clearcoat (got some Tamiya lying around for my Cap shield) followed by drybrushed black paint. Is that close to what you did?

That's pretty much it. I also use a lint free cloth to wipe away excess paint and to give it the outward "spray" effect it has. I keep a corner of it damp to lighten certain areas. Pretty simple.

Too lazy to post a "do it" gif, so...DO IT!

It's a lot easier to do than you think. I'm no customizer but I gave it a shot and it turned out. Anyone want to volunteer their shield for a tutorial video? Or I could just try it on my Titan Cap's shield.

You are now. Looks fantastic, I'm definitely doing this once I pick up a WS figure. This is the shield that should come with the two pack, not the one with little bits of red in it.

Back