1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any tips?
Yeah, replace that 'thing' with the HT head ^^ or ... shave him ... anything.

I'm sorry but there are only very few rooted WS heads that actually look good and the one you have reminds me of the ACPlay head I got with the CW civvies outfit ... it was horrendous.

Yeah, replace that 'thing' with the HT head ^^ or ... shave him ... anything.

That was already shaved and styled a bit!! Alright, I will thin it out a bit more.

The rooted hair they put with knock-offs are usually very thick.
I had to fix the AC Play Black Widow stealth since there was just too much hair..

That was already shaved and styled a bit!! Alright, I will thin it out a bit more.

The rooted hair they put with knock-offs are usually very thick.
I had to fix the AC Play Black Widow stealth since there was just too much hair..
No no, I don't mean 'cut' it ... I mean, 'shave' him bald. ^^ That would be better.

Really, I get that people want rooted hair for him but if you do, you gotta let a pro do it. I've only ever seen 2 or 3 rooted heads that looked good the others were just awful. Here, that was my ACPlay Bucky head ... absolutely hideous. Poor Buck.

20170505_175759b.jpg

No no, I don't mean 'cut' it ... I mean, 'shave' him bald. ^^ That would be better.

Really, I get that people want rooted hair for him but if you do, you gotta let a pro do it. I've only ever seen 2 or 3 rooted heads that looked good the others were just awful. Here, that was my ACPlay Bucky head ... absolutely hideous. Poor Buck.

View attachment 404384

Can you post a really good Bucky with rooted hair? Can try to emulate it.

Can you post a really good Bucky with rooted hair? Can try to emulate it.
I don't think you can emulate it, at least not with what you have there. As I said, I've seen 2 or 3 great ones but I only saved this one

30185413_10156473445504363_1029502307_n.jpg

You wanna give him rooted hair, it's gotta look like this.

Maybe even like this:

attachment.php

hey guys,

I got a used winter soldier at a local toy fair, but it doesn't have this gun.

6ymjb9.png

Chances are probably very slim, but does anybody have this gun? I'm willing to buy it...

Thank you...

Looks like a Sig p226 - you might be able to just find one parted out from any number of military figs. It'd be the cheaper route too than buying the official one. Try Monkey Depot, Toy Anxiety, or Black Ops Toys (if you have to go here, sign up for their email and wait for coupon codes).

Looks like a Sig p226 - you might be able to just find one parted out from any number of military figs. It'd be the cheaper route too than buying the official one. Try Monkey Depot, Toy Anxiety, or Black Ops Toys (if you have to go here, sign up for their email and wait for coupon codes).

Just looked it up out of curiosity and yeah, the P226 looks like it's used in a huge number of films (BP, Ghost Protocol, etc.)

There's P226s on E-bay right now.

Congrats to princeraph on a nice score.:clap

Looks like a SS P226 to me as well. Common firearm seen in films.

Considered getting an actual one at one point.

Hey guys, a buddy of mines picked up this WS from a local collector who didn’t take care of his figures. A couple of the straps around his chest and arm are broken. He tried a dab of superglue to get it to stick and it didn’t work. Is there anything else we can try?

E92C5127-CE46-4763-BA4C-0E977335E243.jpg

E92C5127-CE46-4763-BA4C-0E977335E243.jpg

3D5A819D-9C70-48A2-AF7C-136617A4292C.jpg

AB8D7908-4E68-4DAD-8239-73267CC022E2.jpg

Hey guys, a buddy of mines picked up this WS from a local collector who didn’t take care of his figures. A couple of the straps around his chest and arm are broken. He tried a dab of superglue to get it to stick and it didn’t work. Is there anything else we can try?

The arm strap on mine came off repeatedly as well (so far so good on the chest straps though). I'd recommend using fabric glue to reattach it. In general, super glue isn't a great idea when it comes to fabrics since it dries hard; and with the pleather on the jacket, there's the risk of it peeling off the top layer even more easily.

The arm strap on mine came off repeatedly as well (so far so good on the chest straps though). I'd recommend using fabric glue to reattach it. In general, super glue isn't a great idea when it comes to fabrics since it dries hard; and with the pleather on the jacket, there's the risk of it peeling off the top layer even more easily.

:exactly: This. I used fabric glue on mine too. :)

Appreciate the help fellas. He used a multipurpose Loctite super glue. Didn’t even think to look for a fabric glue. So should this one work.

View attachment 420502

Just in case since I had some issues with other Loctite stuff - Target has Singer fabric glue. Michael's has Fabri-Tac
https://www.michaels.com/M10599191.html

I've had good results with both, including re-gluing WS straps after I peeled apart to do a body switch. I use super glues for plastics like IM.
For really tough jobs like leather to metal, E-6000 (also at Target, Michaels, Walmart)

Back