Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love that coat! Would love to do the arrow scene with this guy :) Here are a few more pics, I promise I'll stop spamming until I make more changes, just thought he looked really badass this morning (with the new beard and the sun catching the paintjob just right).

yes please do so as your work has transformed the sculpt into what it should have come from the factory! it would help those that want to fix the paintwork! great job!
I definitely will, I more than likely will put something together tomorrow (Wednesday) since I'll be off from work.

The removal of the stache really makes it look more true to the film. I really hate they did what they did.

I just got mine from UPS, and I'm a little underwhelmed. I thought it'd be much "cooler" than it is. Maybe if I remove the 'stashe I'll like better, but for now I'm indifferent about it. It looks great (aside from the mustache) but it didn't blow my mind like most other unboxings do. I'm glad I used my rewards points and got it for $154... Perhaps I'll like it better when I get back from class.

Mine also has the loose hips.

The removal of the stache really makes it look more true to the film. I really hate they did what they did.

Umm what? In the film he had some form of stache all thru it. From Full blown to 5 o'clock stubble.

Ralph did a great paint job there and it does look great, but as for being more true to the film...no.

Umm what? In the film he had some form of stache all thru it. From Full blown to 5 o'clock stubble.

Ralph did a great paint job there and it does look great, but as for being more true to the film...no.

prepare for 500 screenshots to try and disprove it... :lol

I can live with HT's paint, and certain parts of the movie it is accurate, I agree

prepare for 500 screenshots to try and disprove it... :lol

I can live with HT's paint, and certain parts of the movie it is accurate, I agree

All anyone has to do is watch the first 15 mins of the film, that scene with him and Jean he has a stache very similar to the figure. Continuing on from there hes fullborn mountain man beard and stache, then he gets a shave in Japan, then it grows back as the movie progresses till you get to the end with the final boss battle and its back to what the figure has.

Fact is he had no one certain stache look thru the film. HT could of put out a few different heads because of the look change thru the movie.

As for the HT Wolverine , I agree I like how mine looks as is. Its a great fig.

Less tash is more screen accurate, there's really no argument there.

the-wolverine-jackman-look.jpg

I just finished photographing him last night which I will post later. Needless to say, I really like this thing!!!

My only complaints are the body could have been slightly bulkier (or defined?) and I wish his darn ankles weren't so loose! Made it for difficult posing at times when he wants to constantly tip.

At first I wasn't going to do much photography of him either in his tank top or shirtless. But after I started, he didn't look as bad as I thought. The neck does seem a little too long but I completely understand why he's that way after removing layers of clothes! The same goes for the body size too. Perhaps it would have been better had HT done 2 different Wolverines like they did for TDW Thor? Surprisingly, as much as that company loves money (and milking a license), they didn't. It still looks better in the dark suit, but again, he looked okay in a wife-beater too.

The metal sword is a nice touch. Made for some fun posing as well.

I still don't see the hate over the likeness issue. I think its the best Wolverine yet. The mustache argument is blown out of proportion IMO too. The custom work Ralph has done on his face is really cool but I think I'll leave mine alone. I don't have his skills anyway.

Overall, fantastic figure and I'm very happy with it! Wolverine (Jackman) has finally entered my collection! :clap

I am not going to argue over what my own two eyes can see. He does have more of a stach on the posters but he doesn't in the movie and that is what matters to me.

7-reasons-why-the-wolverine-is-massively-underrated.jpg

wolverine_featured.jpg

Buuuuuuut HT should have picked WHAT IS MOST SCREEN ACCURATE WITH THE COSTUME/S THEY DECIDED TO PACKAGE THIS FIGURE WITH. They're not selling a figure based on the promotional photos/posters. They're selling a figure based PARTICULARLY on the funeral and final battle scenes where his mustache should have been lighter.

It's like saying that the new T1 BD T800 need not come with the shirt as Arnie was only wearing the jacket on the poster.

Back