Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received this guy and overall, i'm happy with the product. The issue most on here have with the sculpt is greatly exaggerated IMO. I also definitely see a bit of Jackman in the HS as well.

You guys need to knock it off. Im laughing so hard in my cubicle that my coworkers are staring. Lol.

The tears. Omg the tears!

Glad your enjoying man, its really the best part of this place (goofing around and banter) hope you stick around and a late :welcome1:

Wolverine showed up at my office today....and WOW...Once again I'm seeing one fantastic figure here.
Cut n sew is impeccable. .I really like the portrait. .mustache isn't that distracting to me.
So glad I went for this one...it's great having a Wolverine in the collection.

Just watched your review Xenomorph, nice job!!! Looking forward to mine, not a fan of the bluetack thing but everyone's taste is different.

I have mine now. Havent been able to mess with it much. Just got home. I can honestly say most of the fat head comments and stache debauchery is really unfounded. In hand it isnt all thatbad. HS paint def could have been better but it isnt nearly what it was made out to be. Lighting is the culprit for most of the issues mentioned. The stache isnt really that dark. It is probably equivalent to a full day of growth. Maybe...maybe two. Its def not a 5 oclock shadow but it isnt a full on stache by any means. Touch up painting to the sculpt will do wonders. Going to have to wait until tomorrow for supplies. No time to do it tonight.

Outfit is impecable but simple. Loads of layers. Tailoring for such a small outfit is wonderful. Really happy. Been waiting for this suit to put on a spare body with my Coulson head.

I think this is def the best HT Wolverine thus far. Even the TTM-19 really isnt all that bad in hand. Photos arent doing this figure justice. Should the body be bigger to match Jackman in the movie? Definitely. We cant get that though with all of these layers. In hand that is obvious. For those wanting the white beater look a bigger more muscled body would be best. An ACI gladiator might be a good option.

My one nitpick...bone claws are way too yellow IMHO. Would have liked a better wash on them. Ill likely paint them too. Also...they pretty flimsy. If this fig drops from any height more than a few inches youre going to snap bone claws. Of course with care and precaution this shouldnt be any issue for collectors. I was just expecting a more rigid material.

In good news, Im noticing a subtle edge to the blades! The metal claws do seem to have a slight edge to the top and bottom. It isnt very drastic, but its there. Might not be enough for those looking for it, but at least it is something. I think they look great.

Im very pleased with this figure.

Sorry for the static pose, but this is how I plan on displaying my Wolverine. I may pose him later and take some more photos of those different poses, but too busy tonight to do it. Just wanted to show my fig and let you guys see what you think. Maybe seeing him in a different outfit and with different lighting will help make some fence sitters make up their minds.

Oh, and please don't mind my art table.

Enjoy!

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

Sorry for the static pose, but this is how I plan on displaying my Wolverine. I may pose him later and take some more photos of those different poses, but too busy tonight to do it. Just wanted to show my fig and let you guys see what you think. Maybe seeing him in a different outfit and with different lighting will help make some fence sitters make up their minds.

Enjoy!

View attachment 96006

View attachment 96015

that's how i'm currently displaying him!!!

Enjoy!

I DO MIND THE ART TABLE AND I DO MIND WITH ENVY!!!!

:lol Seriously that's the table I've always wanted, unfortunately having it shipped here would triple its cost :thud:

Hey, that pose is nothing to be sorry about, though!

Enjoy!

View attachment 96006

View attachment 96008

View attachment 96009

View attachment 96010

View attachment 96011

View attachment 96012

View attachment 96013

View attachment 96015

Now THAT looks fantastic!!! :clap

Enjoy!

View attachment 96006

NICE!!! I've been wondering when someone is gonna post a pic in Origins Outfit.
I'm tempted to pick up just the head for my Origins Wolvie.

Enjoy!

View attachment 96009

Wow, I love the look! Great job! When I ordered mine, I had always planned for the white undershirt look. I thought about giving him different jeans, because the ones they included look like skinny jeans. I like the color of the jeans you used, what are they? Also, is that the official Origins jacket or the custom ebay one?

It is the custom eBay jacket. Pricey, but that's the nature of the hobby. The jeans are from eBay too. I just searched 1/6 scale jeans. Theyre about $25 and come with the belt. It isnt the Origins belt but its a big ol Texas style buckle and thats enough to pass for Logan. Boots are from the figure accessories.

Im telling you guys...this fig is awesome. All the comments to the contrary...you just need to tweak it. And for the record, my sculpt isnt modded yet. Its just lighting. You can more easily see Hugh in some of these shots. Also, you can see the stache is -not- as bad as people are making it out to be
If you darkened his chops, that would likely be enough...just like Ralph did. I think when I do mod mine Im not going to strip paint. Im just going to add a more natural flesh wash to the base and add some highlights to the brow, nose bridge and cheek bones and add shadows like I mentioned before.

It really is a great fig guys. Dont miss out. I lucked out. I picked up some Origins clone clothes and have Logan in my fav outfit for him, and used his black suit and a white button shirt to finish my Coulson figure. Ill take a pic of him too. I even made a Shield Classified folder and Coulson badge from scratch. All it takes is some creativity guys. Thats what makes this hobby great! Dont just buy a figure. Make it your own!

And thanks btw. Glad you guys enjoy the civy Logan.

Back