1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 217-The Lone Ranger-Tonto 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must have been Cyber Monday only, even though he's on clearance.

I'm in Oz and it would have been $40+ shipping so I passed. Will try to pick it up cheaper domestically.

So I go on ebay this morning and see this going as a Buy it Now for $149.99 w/free shipping and higher. I have been on the fence with this piece for a while, and with no Ranger I wouldn't go for anything near retail. I looked for the cheapest one on ebay that had a 'Best Offer' and offered $120 shipped and it was accepted. Brand new in the shipper too. I never expected that. I always would try a cheap price as an offer on something I am on the fence with and it never would get accepted. Crazy.

So I go on ebay this morning and see this going as a Buy it Now for $149.99 w/free shipping and higher. I have been on the fence with this piece for a while, and with no Ranger I wouldn't go for anything near retail. I looked for the cheapest one on ebay that had a 'Best Offer' and offered $120 shipped and it was accepted. Brand new in the shipper too. I never expected that. I always would try a cheap price as an offer on something I am on the fence with and it never would get accepted. Crazy.

It's not that strange. The movie was a huge failure.

Nice score! Even I might get it at that price.

Sure wish they'd produced their Ranger... assuming it would have looked half as good as the promo photos made it look. I'm making do with NECA's despite its rough face:

16129799395_85faf1c338.jpg

Yeah, as mentioned in the LR thread they should have made it a two-pack (if reasonably priced).

As also noted, the Ranger is relatively easy to customize, so you can still end up with a nice-looking duo.

I really like the movie, own the DVD, and am hoping to watch it for a third time soon... but still, it made no money, and so no one was clamoring for collectibles.

This is correct.

from a Studio Standpoint, the amount of money they put in did not earn the appropriate money in return. "Huge failure".

Still, if you measure its potential market by how much it grossed, rather than whether the studio made a profit, it's probably not that much worse than some other HT properties.

I haven't actually seen the film and to be honest not sure I would be interested in a Tonto figure anyway, however I am considering this figure just as a representation of a native american, I belive the costume is quite authentic.

I just got mine today. Amazing figure. A bit of a pain to put the accessories on and a real pain to remove the plastic. Had to whip out the reading glasses and tweezers.

Anyway... where are you guys hooking the knife sheath on? I put it on the lower belt but all the pics seem to show it lower.

Thanks!
Jay

Ichabod Crane got my hopes up that HT might also pull the Ranger out of nowhere, but it had two factors in its favor: (a) Depp and (b) it coincided with the Sleepy Hollow TV series.

They will finish the Watchmen line before you see a Lone Ranger, lol. Look at the Batman Returns thread. They have been waiting 3 years for a Batman figure that was announced 3 years ago. This is not going to happen.

Yes, the time for the Ranger has passed. For a property with minimal appeal, the only time it would have made sense to release it was when the movie was released. At least the various Batman incarnations have timeless appeal.

Its strange disney havnt pushed this through. Anyway i got the crazy owners victorian clothing set, but it just isnt right, back to the drawing board.

Back