1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 217-The Lone Ranger-Tonto 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is, but he's not always right. :wink1:

That's a beautiful set up ZsaszSays ...great outdoor pictures. :clap

...thanks for posting.

:)

Exactly. Its still just an opinion, not gospel. :lol Also Michael Crawford just buys stock toys, takes studio pictures, and writes a review. Not trying to talk negatively, Im just saying my style and interests arent the same as his so I dont really agree with his opinions.

Its still just an opinion, not gospel.

Of course. But it has been suggested that I am crazy for preferring the NECA figure. I'm simply citing Crawford to counter that clearly someone with a respected opinion ('cause there's no inherent reason to respect me as a source) happens to agree with me

Also Michael Crawford just buys stock toys, takes studio pictures, and writes a review. Not trying to talk negatively, Im just saying my style and interests arent the same as his...

Mine, neither.

15741710214_9efed46705.jpg

16771769855_de53e25c2a.jpg

16518065642_a5a34f3cd6.jpg

But in this instance he's right. :)

You guys can praise the NECA figure all you want but that is BUTT UGLY likeness.

It's hard to directly compare figures of different scales and price ranges, moulded vs clothed etc. The natural instinct would be to go with Hot Toys due to their production values.

But NECA wins on the Ranger, cos at least they produced one!

But NECA wins on the Ranger, cos at least they produced one!

True, but I gotta concede, as the resident NECA enthusiast, that the Hot Toys Ranger (assuming the production version wouldn't have dropped in quality as Tonto seemed to do) looked amazing. Indeed, the NECA Ranger is just fine for my purposes (mostly semi-distant shots), but its face is perhaps the worst I've ever seen on a NECA figure.

Luckily, I happen to think a cowboy figure looks coolest when his face is hidden in shadows. Also, the quarter-scale version is pretty great:

16338185116_c54741efbd.jpg

Still, I feel the loss of that Hot Toys Ranger. He looked pretty damn swell.

Just ordered Tonto FINALLY! Used the new March Code to get it cheaper. Looking forward to finally having this guy in the collection.

Ive repainted the headsculpt and am in the process of weathering the clothing, as well as making a full diorama stand for the figure. More pictures of the finished piece coming soon.

10986437_868670929859025_228729309314779736_n.jpg

WHat did u use to draw the lines thicker?

im thinking of using my wife eyeliner to draw on it.....

Hey all I finally got Tonto in and I must say he's such a great figure. I think you must see him in person to really appreciate the figure. Picture and my Review below. Enjoy! :wave

Ryan

14k8ihf.jpg

Back