1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 217-The Lone Ranger-Tonto 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The NECA figure is brilliant. I have the 1/4 and think it's better than the HT release. I would have bought the HT too though to go with the Ranger, but...

Something was “lost in translation” from the Proto at SDCC two years ago to the production piece. Less hair? Body Portions? Eyes with no life or personality? To think I was considering this figure two years ago…..Ha ha ha ha ha….

Well let's see what they showed us back in the day shall we? The face, paint, and the hair was done so much better.

IMG_8469.jpg

IMG_8470.jpg

I tried hard to get the hair to fluff out like that but couldn't do it.
DL09132014_022.jpg

This figure will be so sought after in years to come, you will need to sell a kidney to fund the purchase.

While I hate the figure, I think you're right. I think the same will be true of the NECA figure, and I wish I'd had about a hundred dollars to spend on them when they were reduced to $4.

The face, paint, and the hair was done so much better.

True, but even in the promo shots he is way too buff, and looks nothing like Depp.

I made this base for Tonto for my buddy Gipetto. If anyone is interested in having one made, shoot me a PM. Or if anyone is selling Tonto, let me know!

Looks great. Only problem with that scene is it's before Reid became the Ranger, but I guess we don't have a Ranger anyway ...

I just wanted to make a Tonto base and that's the coolest and smallest one I could think of. I would love to try this scene, but I don't have Tonto. I made that base for fun/gift for Gipetto. Trying out new techniques and he was my first customer.
Tonto-johnny-depp-32318707-616-770.jpg

Anyone who ordered it with the 1ON3 code today or yesterday, how many reward points does it show pending on your order? I only have 138 so it doesn't look like it applied any extra rewards. The page says you get $27.75 in extra rewards but 138 points is only $6.90.

I did see extra rewards showing up on my Echo and Fives order with yesterday's coupon, so it's not like none of the extra points show in your account for these orders.

My pleasure.

I'm tempted to get it myself, but mostly because I want to "prove", if only to myself, that it's not as good as the NECA figure. Seems a silly reason to spend nearly three months' spending money. :)

Back