1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 217-The Lone Ranger-Tonto 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually dont debate people on their own opinion, but I seriously dont know how you could think that. Even if HT's looks nothing like Depp, it's still leaps above that NECA POS. That's gotta be one of their worst figures to date.

I am every bit as baffled by your stance, I assure you. However, my buddy says we can take his Hot Toys Tonto out for a shoot when it arrives; if seeing it in person changes my mind, I'll certainly admit it here.

I bought one of those fuzzy ones off eBay for him. Didn't like the look of the plastic ones. A bit too fake. The right angles will make the horse look good.
vumuqy5u.jpg

e3ypenu9.jpg

ybateje7.jpg

The fur looks great in person. Just the face and around the eyes tends to look a bit unrealistic.

If anybody gets a horse and needs a saddle, Im pretty sure I can make one out of real leather. Just PM if you need one.

I am home next few days for the upcoming holiday and I decided to take out and open Tonto. Initial impression is underwhelmed....the sculpt looks great from certain angles average from other angles. It is on a smaller body which is cool and the paint / tailoring as always is top notch.

I am home next few days for the upcoming holiday and I decided to take out and open Tonto. Initial impression is underwhelmed....the sculpt looks great from certain angles average from other angles. It is on a smaller body which is cool and the paint / tailoring as always is top notch.

Thanks for the impressions . On fence with this guy .

Just watched this film and I am shocked it received such negative reviews. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The story was great, the action was exciting, the CGI was well done, the jokes were funny and the cast was brilliant: Tom Wilkinson, Barry Pepper and William Fitchter - they are top actors. I really don't understand why it was disliked so much.

Got me. Maybe it was the fact that they made the Ranger kind of a joke instead of a man out for justice. Maybe not dark enough for some fans. I liked it. Wasn't what I was expecting but I still liked it, bought it, and have watched it several times.

It was a fun movie. You just have to embrace the intentional absurdity to really appreciate it.

And also consider that it's possibly the product of the boy's imagination - which would explain the absurdity and anachronisms (such as the electric model railway and some of the firearms).

People got sucked into the politics of it. Some native americans called it racist because they hired Depp instead of one of them and a lot of people condemmed the movi becaus of it. Its a shame.

Westerns are a hard sell nowadays, which is a shame because fewer young people are being exposed to that history (even if it's a fantasy version). Regardless of the whole "redface" debate, it was a rare opportunity for the Native Americans' plight to get widespread attention.

In my opinion it would have been a good way to expose today's youth to that culture, and spark their interest in learning more.

Back