Hot Toys MMS 200 or 201 Kyle Reese? - Plastic Enemies *Speculation*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recognized the blurred photos as soon as I saw them, especially the one of the original Hot Toys figure. Didn't fool me, as much as I'd love an updated Kyle Reese and Police Shootout figures.

Any kitbash I've done was merely as a 'just in case'. An official version would be far more satisying and still much wanted.

I honestly lost hope for a Reese awhile ago so I made mine. That's why this really caught me by surprise at first. Although with Biehn signing off on his likeness it is more of a possibility now a days.

I still believe in a police shoot out T-800 though:lecture

Personally, I never cared much for the other figures other than Arnold. Reese would be cool but if Hot Toys gave us one last Terminator figure who would you pick? Reese or John Connor from T2?

Arnold is number 3 in terms of my favorite charters from the Terminator series.

Reese>Sarah>Arnold

Arnie was great and all in the films but for me Reese and Sarah steal the show.

Personally, I never cared much for the other figures other than Arnold. Reese would be cool but if Hot Toys gave us one last Terminator figure who would you pick? Reese or John Connor from T2?

Ohhhh tough one. For me its a tough one because I've got so many T2 scenes going where a young John Connor would be much appreciated. But on the other hand Reese was cooler in his own right.....I just don't know

Arnold is number 3 in terms of my favorite charters from the Terminator series.

Reese>Sarah>Arnold

Arnie was great and all in the films but for me Reese and Sarah steal the show.

Sarah stands apart as being one of the very best female characters in sci-fi that there has ever been. She wasn't just totty as so many women are written. Reese is cool because its Michael Biehn, maybe not mainstream but hes TOP in cultdom because of Reese and Hicks, both cool characters in cool franchises. If I'm honest though it is Arnie who hooks you on Terminator. Not just his muscles but his face too is so memorable. In T1 he really conveyed a sense that humankind had no chance if this was what they were up against. And then in T2 by becoming a hero it was like the typical redemptive 'see the big bad become the hero' story that you see so often now...but back then it was new and cool and it worked really well because of the way Cameron made it play out - the T-800 remained an emotionless cyborg to the end, even though his learning made him conscious of human feeling - if only in an objective sense. Unfortunately it only really worked once. By T3 'good T-800' was already cliched and boring.

Last edited:
Neither. Police shootout T-800. But after that, Reese. I wouldn't buy John Connor. Though I would buy '80s Sarah Connor (assuming I had Reese).

Sarah stands apart as being one of the very best female characters in sci-fi that there has ever been. She wasn't just totty as so many women are written.
She's a'aight, but many levels below Ripley in my mind. I also rank her below several Star Trek women (Janeway, Jedzia Dax, Major Kira). But she's definitely better than, uh, the woman from Prometheus :lol

She's a'aight, but many levels below Ripley in my mind. I also rank her below several Star Trek women (Janeway, Jedzia Dax, Major Kira). But she's definitely better than, uh, the woman from Prometheus :lol

How do you feel she is dramatically below Ripley? Setting aside those Star Trek women who, though definitely good female characters, had many years of television to be developed.

That's a good point about the Trekkers (Trekkies?).

Ripley came off as a more believable character to me, more likable, and easier to really cheer for. Also, on balance, I think she was in the better films since I'm not a monster fan of T2 (I like it, don't love it), but love both Alien and Aliens.

That's a good point about the Trekkers (Trekkies?).

Ripley came off as a more believable character to me, more likable, and easier to really cheer for. Also, on balance, I think she was in the better films since I'm not a monster fan of T2 (I like it, don't love it), but love both Alien and Aliens.

Ah. Perhaps ironically Sarah was the better character in the Terminator film you have less love for.

I think I'd agree that you might cheer more for Ripley. In the first Alien film she has only herself to bring out her strength where Sarah Connor had Reese and thusly by T2 can't entirely take credit for her own powers. Ripley, even when she first picks up a gun in Aliens, seems like her kickass potential would have been there anyway. No male character (Michael Biehn again funnily enough) was really needed to bring it out in her.

I do like Sarah in T2 (and T1--I actually like her better in T1 though that's probably because I like the film more), she's just not in my upper tier of favorite sci-fi females.

What I like about Ripley and Sarah is theres no pandering to the young male demographic. Yes, perhaps you might be inclined to be attracted to them sexually, but then again perhaps you might not and that was never a requirement anyway. They're just good characters who can hold their own.

But she's definitely better than, uh, the woman from Prometheus :lol
Not a fair comparison man.. :tap :lol

Sarah Connor's been firmly established as an icon in her own right. Noomi Rapace is an amazing actress - she certainly has more than Prometheus to go by. It's not her fault that certain elements of the film leave a little to be desired, but ehh.. I digress.. & I get what you're saying though, but I'll always defend Noomi - to the hilt!!! :lecture

What I like about Ripley and Sarah is theres no pandering to the young male demographic. Yes, perhaps you might be inclined to be attracted to them sexually, but then again perhaps you might not and that was never a requirement anyway. They're just good characters who can hold their own.
:exactly: Well said.

Yeah, that's true. No doubt both were examples of empowering women in film.
:lecture Kicking aiss, with a moral too. :lol

Possibly a reason I don't fancy either of them (while I know that some do) is that they remind me of my mum. Not in terms of looks but just in character generally. My mum would totally be Ripley or Sarah Connor given comparable circumstances.

Re: Hot Toys MMS 200 or 201 Kyle Reese?

*insert* Luke Skywalker photo

^^
Wrong photo......it's this one, lol.
starwarsanewhope1.jpg

[ame="https://youtu.be/E5Q7CcINC8M"]https://youtu.be/E5Q7CcINC8M[/ame]

Oh and I would like a Kyle Reese figure please.

Yeah they and Princess Leia form my trinity of Bad@ss women of Sci-Fi.

Linda Hamilton? Oh yeah!!! 1980's, 1990's or 2013 I don't care:love

Its been announced by Hot Toys that the MMS 200 is MoS Superman 1/6 scale, and because its number 200 theyr giving with it a 1/1 scale Kryptonian command key accessory. Just a gift for loyal Hot Toys fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back