Hot Toys - MMS 191 - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Powering your displays with an AC charger is not that difficult. Most of the Hot Toys I have run off of three 1.5 volt batteries in series which puts the operating voltage at 4.5vdc

Most phone chargers are 3.7 volts which will work.

You can buy a 4.5 volt charger on ebay with the correct plug for less then $5 shipped. If you do not know your plug size you can take your item to Radio Shack and use their plug fitment samples, then you can order the correct adapter.

All adapters have their voltage output listed on them.

All of the Hot Toys use LEDs which required very little current, I have 7 Hall of Armor Bays running off of one 4.5VDC converter that puts out 1 amp and it will handle the additional 6 bays I plan to add to the display.

You can not "under volt" an LED.

In fact, if you have them powered by batteries they are in a ever decreasing under voltage condition because batteries do not constantly produce their advertised voltage

An LED is a diode that produces light when current passes through it in the correct direction. If hooked up backwards it will prevent current flow without damaging the diode.

Diodes are designed to produce a certain level of light at their operating voltage and if you go below the recommended voltage the light output will just be lower, which can allow the diode to last longer.

NOW if you apply to much voltage to it, it will burn out.

I'm running 12VDC LED panels at 3.7 volts because 12 was so bright it hurt my eyes.

You can not "under volt" an LED.

In fact, if you have them powered by batteries they are in a ever decreasing under voltage condition because batteries do not constantly produce their advertised voltage

An LED is a diode that produces light when current passes through it in the correct direction. If hooked up backwards it will prevent current flow without damaging the diode.

Diodes are designed to produce a certain level of light at their operating voltage and if you go below the recommended voltage the light output will just be lower, which can allow the diode to last longer.

NOW if you apply to much voltage to it, it will burn out.

I'm running 12VDC LED panels at 3.7 volts because 12 was so bright it hurt my eyes.

Being an electrical technician, I verify this statement.

Back