Hot Toys - MMS 189 - SSC Ex The Avengers: Agent Phil Coulson (Specs and Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same for me. I pretty much like all things Marvel but this one I struggle with watching. Can't quite get into it. The only reason I still watch it is to see if they reveal what happened to Coulson.

It's quite good.
If you give it a chance, you might be surprised.

the tween cast and over use of fanboy easter eggs for the sake of making it a relevant marvel universe show gets really boring really fast :lol

for super secret agents theyre awfully "hip"

did you ever watch the show heroes? that would have been a better suited style for this show

If you think a tv series is going to compare to a movie in the theaters, dont hold your breath.

considering the time schedule they are on, and the locations they are shooting at, I cant even imagine their schedule.

Plus its pretty cool that most of the cast (Clark Gregg included) live tweet while the show is airing.

If you think a tv series is going to compare to a movie in the theaters, dont hold your breath.

considering the time schedule they are on, and the locations they are shooting at, I cant even imagine their schedule.

Plus its pretty cool that most of the cast (Clark Gregg included) live tweet while the show is airing.

those arent really the issues most have... its the cast and the campy forced humor and constant marvel references...

Well I seem to be in a minority but I love the show, Coulson is turrning out to be one of the best marvel characters so far (on film anyway) the shows got great potential I think and it's great they way they tie it in with the other marvel big screen films, gives the whole thing a continuity which is a clever idea and makes it feel more 'Marvel'

Well I seem to be in a minority but I love the show, Coulson is turrning out to be one of the best marvel characters so far (on film anyway) the shows got great potential I think and it's great they way they tie it in with the other marvel big screen films, gives the whole thing a continuity which is a clever idea and makes it feel more 'Marvel'

I like it too. So that makes two of us, lol.
Seriously though, i have a lot of friends who aren't big marvel fans but are sci fi fans and they are all loving it.
If the hardcore Marvel fans don't like it, they still have plenty to enjoy.

I love it too. I watch zero tv shows, but im always there on Tuesday at 8pm.

then again, my kid dresses as Coulson at conventions, and we met him at SDCC. So I'm not what you'd call unbiased. ;)

I think if you are open to the good in a show, you can enjoy it on it's merits, and quietly appreciate the good parts.
If all you are looking for is the bad, then you will stand on your soapbox and complain to the world.
That's why people hear the complainers so much. They are all screaming at the top of their lungs about how rubbish everything is.

I think if you are open to the good in a show, you can enjoy it on it's merits, and quietly appreciate the good parts.
If all you are looking for is the bad, then you will stand on your soapbox and complain to the world.
That's why people hear the complainers so much. They are all screaming at the top of their lungs about how rubbish everything is.

Truth.

This show is decent enough for me to watch Wednesdays during my lunch hour. The producers promised changes are coming.

Are you talking about AoS, or referring to life in general? ; )

I suppose my comment was broad enough that it would work for everything.
In an ideal world, we would all be enjoying Agents of Shield along with watching season 12 of Firefly...
I often wonder what Joss Whedon did in TV land to get all his shows cancelled. It seems like he just messed with the wrong person and they have pulled the strings over the years and gotten all his stuff canned.
Luckily, this show is backed by Marvel so it *will* finally get a chance.
I am cautiously optimistic that, as good as it is, it will get even better.

Truth.

This show is decent enough for me to watch Wednesdays during my lunch hour. The producers promised changes are coming.

Here's hoping.
I am enjoying it so far, and if it gets even better, that will be great.

The show is a real slow burner. To slow for most people and much slower then any other Wheadon show. After the Mid Season finale though kind of feels like the show might start heating up.

Now that Hot Toys is doing "Duo" sets, Coulson needs a Ward and May set...

Back