Hot Toys - MMS 189 - SSC Ex The Avengers: Agent Phil Coulson (Specs and Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CVa44yB.jpg

This looks like Wayne Rooney.

It is definitely the lighting that causes most and if not all the details to be lost during the photo taking..

No panic, we should wait for some better photographers to turn the tide and everyone will be damn amazed by the HS again..:lol

The lighting is too washed out and the finer details are going to virtually disappear. Coulson had alot of fine lines on his face. The dynamic lighting will have to wait until OMG gets ahold of this guy.

This ^

The sculpt is Exactly the same people.
Check the image where people are quoting. See where the Camera is focussing.
Is it his face? No...
Is it his right shoulder? Perhaps.
But it's more likely the camera is focussing on the reflection in the glass. thats' whey hardly anything else is in focus.
Shoulder is in sharper focus and everything else is washed out due to lousy tube lighting from all angles.
It's the same sculpt.
So stop panicking...

HAHAH when I saw this pic in FB I already knew some freaks would already
be panicking in this thread.. :lol

I agree with the others. It looks like the same sculpt. Just washed out
by lighting. :)

Just posted by the guy who took the pics and posted them to OSR
facebook page.
Riverspoons here guys, I'd like to apologize if you guys are bothered with the Coulson photo I took at Toy Sapiens. Personally I really liked the figure from what I've seen there. It is unfair to compare my photo to the prototype photo since both have different lighting. Toy Sapiens display case have bright light on it's floor area, so it is impossible to create the shadows the prototype has.

The photo looks fine to me. If you look closely, you can see the details anyways, and the shadows are still there - albeit faintly. :dunno

Just posted by the guy who took the pics and posted them to OSR
facebook page.
Riverspoons here guys, I'd like to apologize if you guys are bothered with the Coulson photo I took at Toy Sapiens. Personally I really liked the figure from what I've seen there. It is unfair to compare my photo to the prototype photo since both have different lighting. Toy Sapiens display case have bright light on it's floor area, so it is impossible to create the shadows the prototype has.
Riverspoons, thanks for the pics - it's so unfair to blame you for the washed-out lighting, as though you had anything to do with how the figure was set up! I know the fine detail was lost, but as others have said, the suit looks better than I'd hoped. I'm so looking forward to actually getting my mitts on this figure :')

:lol

it happens all the time. first pic is always the worst and as soon as that pic is posted:

nursejoker2.gif

It is definitely the lighting that causes most and if not all the details to be lost during the photo taking..

No panic, we should wait for some better photographers to turn the tide and everyone will be damn amazed by the HS again..:lol

This ^

The sculpt is Exactly the same people.
Check the image where people are quoting. See where the Camera is focussing.
Is it his face? No...
Is it his right shoulder? Perhaps.
But it's more likely the camera is focussing on the reflection in the glass. thats' whey hardly anything else is in focus.
Shoulder is in sharper focus and everything else is washed out due to lousy tube lighting from all angles.
It's the same sculpt.
So stop panicking...

:exactly:

Not worried at all. I still appreciate the fact that someone posts pics from time to time just to keep us interested and this thread ongoing. :lecture

Was I the only one who found this character annoying in all the movies? I was actually glad when he died in the Avengers. I mean I understood his purpose to tie all the movies together but he was just so damn annoying. His goofy face just couldn't pull off cool. Just my $0.02.

Whilst I would agree the lighting/focus is messing up that pic, I would also say that it's not the same proto. The shirt collar is different/has different stitching on it. Headsculpt, hard to tell.

boy, it never fails does it? :slap...patience ppl...remember when everyone was flipping out b/c of this:
283547_285192521592160_1478995361_n.jpg

just to find out all that crying was for nothing b/c we actually got this:

345408d1350464754-my-thoughts-hot-toys-atm-314210_10151083434702344_1830429259_n.jpg

Well the first pic is a bad pic of an ok head sculpt.
The second pic is good pic of an ok head sculpt.

What we actually got was an ok head sculpt. Neither was it astoundingly better or worse than that first bad pic. IMO.

I found it pretty hilarious to hear the HT fanboys (not saying you are one for a second) screaming that the figure in that first pic wasn't real/wasn't final/was a demo figure...etc etc.

It was none of those things, it was a raw unflattering pic of the actual release. And in certain light and conditions it does in fact look like that. Flat directionless light shows up the flaws in most HT sculpts, particularly ones with PERS. Whilst overhead light pics out the details and hides the problems. So it's not quite as clearcut as we would sometimes like. Look at Indy? There is no rule of thumb here, sometimes bad pics of bad sculpts turn up. And we can just hope that is exactly what they are. Bad pics.:dunno

Was I the only one who found this character annoying in all the movies? I was actually glad when he died in the Avengers. I mean I understood his purpose to tie all the movies together but he was just so damn annoying. His goofy face just couldn't pull off cool. Just my $0.02.

No, it's just you, justme.

Kids, you really shouldn't post without adult supervison. Posting something this stupid may affect your performance on standardized tests through several alternate realities.

Awesome name, btw.

Not. :mad:

And zing! Yet another troll was added to the ignore list!
:rotfl

Indeed. :exactly:

Well the first pic is a bad pic of an ok head sculpt.
The second pic is good pic of an ok head sculpt.

What we actually got was an ok head sculpt. Neither was it astoundingly better or worse than that first bad pic. IMO.

Oh I agree with you :)

The point of that post was to just illustrate how sculpts can look bad/worse in bad lighting. Same head but different lighting and the ability ot take a decent photo make all the different.

Whether the Coulson sculpt has been changed or not, the lighting isn't helping it all making it looks worse than what it possibly is IMO

Oh I agree with you :)

The point of that post was to just illustrate how sculpts can look bad/worse in bad lighting. Same head but different lighting and the ability ot take a decent photo make all the different.

Whether the Coulson sculpt has been changed or not, the lighting isn't helping it all making it looks worse than what it possibly is IMO

Yes, 100%.
:hi5:

That new sculpt actually looks more like Clark Gregg than the first one so I'm happy (to me anyway). I don't tend to take washed out convention photos very seriously. Still really looking forward to him.

Back