Hot Toys MMS 145 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V 1/6 limited edition collectible specs + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Impressions on the mark v figure I think it looks amazing but why the hell did this figure cost so much and dosent even come with a tony stark head sculpt but figure is amazing none the less and it is my fav iron man suit.

It cost so much b/c as per HT it was the most complex & difficult of the IM armors to produce.

It cost so much b/c as per HT it was the most complex & difficult of the IM armors to produce.

IMO the Mk 1 is the most complex IM armor HT has made.

The Mark V actually seems to be the least complex armor of the lot.

The Mark 2, Mark 3 BD, Mark 4 and 6 all have tons of hidden goodies/engineerings (shoulder missles, back air flaps, etc etc), but the Mark V only has a swappable arm and chest plate

IMO the Mk 1 is the most complex IM armor HT has made.

The Mark 2, Mark 3 BD, Mark 4 and 6 all have tons of hidden goodies/engineerings (shoulder missles, back air flaps, etc etc), but the Mark V only has a swappable arm and chest plate

I trust that HT knows what is their most complex figure from the line :huh

I trust that HT knows what is their most complex figure from the line :huh

Or maybe they are just trying to justify for their higher asking price. :dunno

I dont have the Mark V in hand just yet (hopefully I will have him in two weeks time) so I can only judge its design from the specs and other collector's in-hand pics.

From what I can see, the Mark V is constructed with less pieces of components than the Mark 1.

It is also not as equipped with as many gadgets, weapons, extras as the previous Marks (no back air flaps, leg air flaps, arm shield, extra RD Jr head, arm missles, shoulder missles, Retractable countermeasure dispenser, etc).

The HT Mark V seems to have a more detailed/complex outer "shell/armor" compared to Mark 2, 3, 4 and 6. But IMO the other Marks are more equipped and way more complex in terms of design/engineering than the V....But that is just from what I can see from the specs and in-hand pics.

Last edited:
^ I've 2 and a 3rd coming.... Mk.5 have a very well designed Abs and Chest, more so than any IM..

The armour has many intricate parts that's a painting nightmare... you may notice paint bleed on the said parts...

Arms and legs... nothing new.. they even removed an articulation point, thigh rotation, that's present on all the IM figures (non Mk. I)

Or maybe they are just trying to justify for their higher asking price. :dunno

I dont have the Mark V in hand just yet (hopefully I will have him in two weeks time) so I can only judge its design from the specs and other collector's in-hand pics.

From what I can see, the Mark V is constructed with less pieces of components than the Mark 1.

It is also not as equipped with as many gadgets, weapons, extras as the previous Marks (no back air flaps, leg air flaps, arm shield, extra RD Jr head, arm missles, shoulder missles, Retractable countermeasure dispenser, etc).

The HT Mark V seems to have a more detailed/complex outer "shell/armor" compared to Mark 2, 3, 4 and 6. But IMO the other Marks are more equipped and way more complex in terms of design/engineering than the V....But that is just from what I can see from the specs and in-hand pics.

Yep, I'm sure you know more about the process than HT does. :lol

Seems right.

The Mark V is the most unique of the Flight Armors and the most detailed, but not the most complicated from an engineering standpoint.

• No flip up mask
  • 1 piece of removable armor compared to many on the MK VI
  • No features such as munition pods, back flaps, leg flaps, arm rockets, flare dispenser etc..

Hot Toys feels they can justify selling it for around the same amount as the others because they want to and they can't re-use the mold to double-dip in variants and similar shaped armor.

I don't mind the price on this one at least as it was the highlight of the film.

Seems right.

The Mark V is the most unique of the Flight Armors and the most detailed, but not the most complicated from an engineering standpoint.

• No flip up mask
  • 1 piece of removable armor compared to many on the MK VI
  • No features such as munition pods, back flaps, leg flaps, arm rockets, flare dispenser etc..

Hot Toys feels they can justify selling it for around the same amount as the others because they want to and they can't re-use the mold to double-dip in variants and similar shaped armor.

I don't mind the price on this one at least as it was the highlight of the film.
And in your synopsis you failed to even address the insane number of molds needed for this figure compared to the others which HT stated made producing this figure very complex. Nice job as usual. :lol

Got back on the PO for this figure...thank God BBTS still had it at the discounted price.

And in your synopsis you failed to even address the insane number of molds needed for this figure compared to the others which HT stated made producing this figure very complex. Nice job as usual. :lol

Er NO!!! nice job as usual, i specifically said that HT can't re-use this mold for further figures as a reason why HT is charging more than they should for this figure, and i already said this was the most detailed, but not the most complex which you cant understand.

HT may have stated its the most complex but that doesnt mean they weren't blowing smoke, its not as complex as the Mark VI in engineering complexity, for all the reasons already stated, it is only more detailed, not harder to build.

And it's one mold jackass, just manufactured many times.

Er NO!!! nice job as usual, i specifically said that HT can't re-use this mold for further figures as a reason why HT is charging more than they should for this figure, and i already said this was the most detailed, but not the most complex which you cant understand.

HT may have stated its the most complex but that doesnt mean they weren't blowing smoke, its not as complex as the Mark VI in engineering complexity, for all the reasons already stated, it is only more detailed, not harder to build.

And it's one mold jackass, just manufactured many times.
So you stated it's not the most complex, yet HT has stated it IS the most complex IM figure they've made to date.

Yeah, I'm going to go with the company who actually designs & manufactures the product over you & the conspiracy theory on this one. :lecture :lol

I still find it hilarious that you rant against HT milking this line but keep supporting it with your wallet btw. :lol

So you stated it's not the most complex, yet HT has stated it IS the most complex IM figure they've made to date.

Yeah, I'm going to go with the company who actually designs & manufactures the product over you & the conspiracy theory on this one. :lecture :lol

Hot Toys say their figures are limited collectibles too, either way no matter what they say it's obvious that the Mark V isnt as complex as the Mark VI, look at the features for comparison. Its not conspiracy its fact one has more complex engineering than the other.

I dont mind the price point as i've already said it was the highlight of the film, but i'm not as blind as you prefer to be about their bullcrap about it being more complex

I still find it hilarious that you rant against HT milking this line but keep supporting it with your wallet btw.

I said i wont support milking and this isn't milking as this armour hasn't been made already or isn't an unneccesary addition.

I also i said i'm leaving iron man after the MK V as all future Iron Man stuff from HT (with the exception of Iron Monger) is remakes or un-important.

I said i wont support milking and this isn't milking as this armour hasn't been made already or isn't an unneccesary addition.

I also i said i'm leaving iron man after the MK V as all future Iron Man stuff from HT (with the exception of Iron Monger) is remakes or un-important.

Ok, so you'll be whining on every other HT thread about HT milking the Iron Man line yet you'll be simultaneously supporting HT doing so by purchasing the Mark 5 for $200+ & purchasing their most expensive IM release to date the Iron Monger for nearly $500. Got it :lol

Odds are you won't make it through November without putting another HT IM offering on pre order. :rotfl :lecture :exactly:

Friday can't come soon enough for SSC to bill this figure.

Mk. 5 was highly scalped by SS (or with HT combo) so the price is equal to Mk.6's...... hence the complain.

In most places elsewhere Mk.5 is almost equal to Mk.4's price.

Back