Hot Toys MMS 145 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V 1/6 limited edition collectible specs + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is true. I've seen it and done it as well. :lol

Of course in a line I'm interested in but they're only going to make the ones that really sell or ones they think will sell well. Otherwise we SHOULD have gotten Loki from the Thor line or Red Skull from the Cap line. However, I understand that sometimes they wait forever (Iron Monger) or understand that they just assume its not going to sell.

Fans didn't get them and i bet they're upset, i would kill for a Doc Ock to go with Spidey, bit that doesn't seem likely, yet it is likely that the Iron Man line will keep on going.

That is my point to this whole thing, that fans of different licenses lose out on getting the characters they desperately want where as Iron Man fans get far more than any other.

My arguement us not based solely on business and profitability, but on Iron Man getting more than other lines combined not being fair or equal to those collectors.

I wouldn't ask for miracles like every character being made, but like you said, fans want Red Skull, Loki also Ra's Al Ghul, Green Goblin and others and are ignored, while the Iron Man line flourishes.

And i think personally those characters are far more deserved than the Gantry or HOA.

Last edited:
thinkin about canceling my po on the mark 5, havnt fully decided yet, think im just gettin tired of the whole iron man series, too many to keep up with when that money can be spent of other diff figures, what u guys think?

id say sell your mark 6 and keep the mark 5. you should be fine with your mark 3, 4, and 5.

im really on the fence with mark 5, price seems a bit steeps nowadays and ive recently decided i dont wanna complete this series anymore so why bother with it, really need to make up my mind as i got notice that preorder charges begin next wk

Well, I'd say if you're over your fad with collecting Iron Man you have your answer. :dunno

yeh that might be the case aye, i just rek its hard to keep up with line and i no longer feel i need all or most of them in my collection, 1 or 2 might be enuff for me now.

:lecture
very true! I initially had this on PO at BBTS, but then canceled a week or 2 after b/c I realized that there are just too many IMs right now to barely start collecting them. just going to have 1 and that will be the Avengers IM same with Thor. Cap on the other hand, I will have every incarnation :D (or at least try to :monkey3)

made up my mind, canceling this po right now, looked through the in hand pics and def not liking this one at all, the fact that im not even excited or really looking forward to receiving this one is a good enuff sign to tell me to cancel. now i can save the dough for the marcus wright ive been wanting to get...

Yep - given how popular this series is and how much HT loves making them one thing is fairly certain - There will be plenty of Iron Man figures in the near future with Avengers...Iron Man 3...and a likely Avengers 2. Being aware of this I had to draw a line as well to not saturate my collection with just different iterations of the same character. Currently Mark VI bears the burden to represent the famous shellhead. Likely to not be replaced anytime soon.

When it comes to HT figures, I guess its more to do with whether you're an IM movies' fan or not. You can be a big fan of the character, but are you a fan of the portrayal of IM in the movies (and further as 1/6 figures); THAT is another thing. :lecture

Like many of you I am still on the fence about POing this and cancelling my PO on the MK2 re-release. As big of an IM fan as I am, I kinda have reached the ceiling, however I did sell my old MK3 BD when the MK4 was announced as that would be the Prime IM I wanted to display.

I remember when the MK6 came out that I was blown away by the pics and bought it for the hell of it, and ocne I had it I was blown away by it (just because I could have sold it if I didnt like it).

That being said, if you can afford it, it might behoove you to buy the figure and mull it over while you still had the chance to get it for retail rather than wait for the ebay prices to skyrocket.

With all that said, I'm more or less going to get this from AE or SS.

The last couple of posts were about the way the figure moves :huh:

There you go :wave

Meh, you're looking for a reason to soap box again.

Anyway, can't wait to get this Mark V in my hands! This was the armor I have to have for my IM collection, the rest I can live without :lecture

Anyone going take the BD further on this guy? I thought about it but im only getting one and I may want to take it back to clean, even though 6 has stayed BD pretty much since I got him.

just called Eric at toy square and he said they are on the way and will be in next week

71249659_awesome_reaction_gif.gif

Back