Hot Toys MMS 145 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V 1/6 limited edition collectible specs + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would really like to get this figure but for some odd reason eBay prices on this have recently spiked into the $200 range.

I got really lucky and picked one up about 10 days ago for 169.99, but I noticed what you're saying. I'm hoping I can get the Mark II before it too jumps. Hopefully that will be a while since Sideshow still has them in stock.

Yeah, it wasn't that long ago -- weeks I'm talking -- that this could be had for $150 shipped. Same with II Unleashed. I guess I still have that price in my head.

The Mk.V by Hot Toys is a great figure.
The only issue is the silver portions of the armor. It's the wrong shade of silver. It needed to be more mirror-like, but not chrome.

7681865144_6402a9f85e_b.jpg

6361385543_95b41124ed_b.jpg

Anybody tried a repaint on this yet with a metalizer finish?

Got my Mark V yesterday. It's pretty impressive! I was really surprised by the number of moving parts, particularly in the feet and those grey panels that go away from the chest. The rubber in the joints is a nice touch too, but I suspect that's the first place we'll start to see degradation.

I had two QC issues with this figure, but nothing that made me send him back. First, the left wrist guard was unhinged on one side and it was stuck to the fist, presumably when the paint was still drying. I managed to snap them apart and the wrist guard went back into place while the fist has a barely noticeable 1mm long line across it. Also, the exterior panel on the right foot just plain falls off. It looks like someone forgot to glue it, so that's another easy fix.

Besides that, great figure all around. I'm happy I picked him up!

I got really lucky and picked one up about 10 days ago for 169.99, but I noticed what you're saying. I'm hoping I can get the Mark II before it too jumps. Hopefully that will be a while since Sideshow still has them in stock.

I luck out. I bought the last war machine and grary with the mark4 ssc had. This is why I say just buy it now and don't wait.

I am selling mine for 200 shipped if you're interested.

Ouch! If you look at the Gantry/with Mark4 post you will see I am done buying for this year. I over spent what I have to spend on Toys and Props (no it was not SSC). If you still have it after the 1st of the year, sure....

Thanks fellas! I messed up the "good" left hand, the flappy bit. I decided that was the perfect excuse to display at least ONE of these guys with battle damage. The details really pop! I'll be doing some more, macro-type shots soon. :)

Back