Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still have hopes for NECA to finally decide to make an alien in 1/6 scale. Kyle has said he wants to do it and, if possible, tweak the sculpt a bit to correct things he dislikes about his original sculpt.
NECA are aware that the Alien and Predator franchises are big with fans, and seeing how much dough we are willing to spend on our beloved monsters must also be a big incentive.

Maybe we should start a petition for 1/6 scale Alien and Predator figures from NECA? We know Kyle visits these forums occasionally.

I'd say given that HT hasn't gone back and corrected ANY of their Aliens figures is a pretty good indicator that they have no intention of it. :lol There have been plenty of legitimate complaints raised about the Aliens Warrior, the Dog Alien, and even a couple about the AVP versions. Why would they all of the sudden jump back and re-do this one figure when their track record for the past several years shows otherwise with this particular license? :dunno

Yep. Again Alien and all the referance material have been around since 1979. One can only conclude that Hot Toys weren't interested in making an accurate 'big chap' or this figure would be accurate. They chose to take all sorts of liberties. And I'm not inclined to think they are deliberately holding back on a superaccurate Alien for a later DX release. As others said that would damage customer relations and they must know it would because hardly anyone, even those who are happy with this figure, would buy this one if they knew a more accurate one was to come later.

Well honestly , I can actually belive that they would make another more accurate and release this first. I got that impression with Iron man and even though hot toys said they didn't have enough refrence material for the first joker I kind of got it with that too. Batman as well I guess. I'm not saying they are doing this with bad intentons which I'm sure they wouldn't but I still think the way they released what were basically improved versions of joker and iron man within months of the originals being released it left a bad taste. Think about it , they can make 2 versions of 1 character , one slightly better and sell both of them out as long as there is a few months between them and whilst a few people complain they still sell the figures out.
When you say they didn't fix any of the other aliens I could say well they wern't really making the DX figures back then ( were they at the time the dog alien was released ? ) and this one was one of the most anticipated so it gives them more of a reason to.
I don't like being negative like this and I'm usually not , I just think its worthy of discussion , at least its talking about maybe getting an improved figure rather than just complaining about this one which went on for pages.
I'm still probably buying it anyway , I like it and have been defending it from the start.

:peace

https://s804.photobucket.com/albums/yy321/bentargett777/big chap/

Heres a few pics guys that i could sneak it sposed to be my xmas prez (that i bought)so soz if they not what u wanted i will try and get some better ones when everyones out

thanks dude!

this pic :

DSC00595.jpg

hmmm, ok. now i'm REALLY starting to see why you guys were complaining so damn much :lol i was so up for this figure (and still am), but this pic really highlights what you guys were talking about for me. first nice clear head on shot i've seen.

I am with Sabres, this figure is not movie acurate.

Hot Toys failed with this alien, like they failed with the Aliens figure.

OK . i just got my notice from sideshow. What to do ? what to do?? i'm not crazy about this picture. I just took a look at the show your alien love thread and checked out all of the versions of the alien. From the cheapest toy makers to the most expensive statues. They all look better then this . This alin looks like a pump up avp alien that should have been. I think i might have to cancel. The alien movie is being released next year on bluray. Also we will be hearing more about the preqel alien as well. Thats probably when we will see the correct version.I mean all they had to do is hit the bloody pause button during the film and see that this does not look anything like it supposed to!!!!!!

Simple. If you like the figure, keep the order.

If you don't think the figure is acurate, you should pass. Cause every time you see the figure in your collection, you will think that.

It's gonna be funny to see the people slamming the figure post their own pics of it :lol

Never even entered a 'provisional' preorder and with that latest pic I definitely won't get this. Its just laughable. Not only is it not accurate it also looks stupid.

Come on NECA! Go 1/6th!

Back