Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's cool, yours are much better!

Aw, bless the Aoshima. The front teeth remind me of a comedian we have here in the UK, Alan Carr.

alan-carr-spider-man-3-london-premiere-red-carpet-wBMSSx.jpg

Yeah, I love my Aoshima!
It's actually a heck of a nice figure with some very interesting solutions for articulation.
Unfortunately, it has some pretty glaring shortcomings... but for its time, it was quite revolutionary in terms of accuracy and articulation.

Just putting me Kenner Alien away after my abortive photo attempt. Two things occured to me. One, that it's an amazing sculpt especially for a toy released in 1979. It's pretty much a dead on, astonishing really.

Two, it's got proper CHROME teeth!:google

4compaliens.jpg

Great comparison shot Wookster! Really presents a good representation of the different figures available.

In looking at the image it does seem like all of the figures have their pluses and minuses. Medicom just looks a bit to simplified and the back of the jaw seems too prounounced. NECA looks pretty darn good overall, but again the back of the jaw seems a bit too pronounced and the teeth seem very snaggled :lol HT seems to have the best jaw line, but the mouth area is really off. Have to agree with WG; with the inner jaw being the wrong color I'd probably have preferred a closed mouth as well.

I'm still happy overall with the HT version and I think it will make for a great entry into my collection.

Yeah, I love my Aoshima!
It's actually a heck of a nice figure with some very interesting solutions for articulation.
Unfortunately, it has some pretty glaring shortcomings... but for its time, it was quite revolutionary in terms of accuracy and articulation.
it was much more accurate than the mcfarlane figure. i think it even came out around the same time.
but, it was also damn flimsy. the chest/shoulder joints were notoriously fragile and broke too easily.
the kane figures were pretty neat though. i have mine on the mcfarlane box set egg base.

Seeing these pics i think all 3 are off. Not to say way off.
I am tempted to pass on the HT and really wait for a Sideshow PF. If they get it right it could be THE incarnation of the character. But seeing their Alien 1 diorama, maybe not...

It can't be too difficult to get this thing right?!?

Seeing these pics i think all 3 are off. Not to say way off.
I am tempted to pass on the HT and really wait for a Sideshow PF. If they get it right it could be THE incarnation of the character. But seeing their Alien 1 diorama, maybe not...

It can't be too difficult to get this thing right?!?

I'm really crossing my fingers for the SST PF, might be the first statue I buy...

The best rendition I've seen is the custom Marmit someone posted up here. Anyone got pix of that?

Here it is.

IMG_2800.jpg

I bet this shot would trounce the opposition in Wooksters epic comparison pix!

IMG_2807.jpg

Indeed it was!
Whoever did that custom job should lower the head and push it a bit forward and it would look much better. It's way too high as it is.

But the dome and face are just wonderful!

Don't put words in my mouth ... I never said it was 100% 'screen' accurate ... WHATEVER that means ... :rotfl How many version would you like them to create ... just to appease you... :duh

I'll take the talent of Hot Toys artists over a bunch of names on a forum any day ... You 'naysayers' are saying that Hot Toys are a bunch of lazy amatures ... all based on a few low resolution photos of ONE of the suits ... and the details you think you saw in the movie ... That's not evidence in the real world, junior. I can't believe I even have to say that ... Proof? Validating your photos with a source would be a good START.

There is a big difference between telling people what they think 'THE ALIEN" looks like .... and knocking the crap out of a figure before they've even handled it ... I have a bit more respect for the artists at Hot Toys than that ...

How long are you guys planning on knocking this thing? The next six months? A year? Forever? Mr. "In you face knocking you out"... :rotfl How many ways are you going to tell us that you don't like it? BUT you will buy it etc. $130 for a figure like this is nothing, kid. You'll probably soon realise that most adults have money like that to throw away ...

You can try to put me down in an attempt to build yourself up. I'm secure in myself and my finances, so puff yourself up all you want. If YOU're insecure, that's something you have to work on. But please don't think that you can critique anything about my life, never having met me.

As for "adults" throwing $130 away just proves that you are not so adult about your finances. Responsible "adults" know where each and every penny is spent. You know NOTHING about me, so let's not go there. In addition, I take it you haven't seen my extensive "adult" hot toys and aliens collection.

THINK before you put your foot in your mouth Mr. "adult aerospace engineer". :monkey1
Being OLD doesn't make you right, neither does trying to bully fictional "non-adults" around.

Relax, take a break, sip on some coffee, and admit to your mistakes.
You'll get a lot further in life that way.

Oh, and stalking people ("In your face knocking you out") isn't cool neither.
It's freaky and proves you have nothing better to do with your time.

Last edited:
Back