Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Wookster, maybe you could add this into your comparison pic?

spleenboy2004+929+items+051bd55c20a00e92c5405d9dc09d1926.jpg

What I'll do is take a good side pic of my HT one when it get here and pics of my McFarlane and sega ones as well (as long as I can find them, they're in storage right now), then do a comp of all of them for the review.

Awesome!
Love to see those comps and I'm looking forward to your review.

C'mon guys, more pics of HT alien love!

I'm looking forward to your review for this one, Jeff!

In the mean time, I'll just hold my purchase and enjoy the debate :lol

Hey Wookster, maybe you could add this into your comparison pic?

spleenboy2004+929+items+051bd55c20a00e92c5405d9dc09d1926.jpg

What I'll do is take a good side pic of my HT one when it get here and pics of my McFarlane and sega ones as well (as long as I can find them, they're in storage right now), then do a comp of all of them for the review.

Lets be realistic ... It's not proof that Hot Toys should have modelled the figure on that particular suit
let you "be realistic" - they should do it or do nothing.
or at least not boast for a year "we're making a 30-year-holiday superfigure".

I sold my Medi Alien soon after I saw HT prototype version on display. Medi is fair but just can't give me the kinda texture I want to see from an (Giger) ALIEN. Sure many of you (including me) hate that bloody lower jaw, but then it could perhaps due to that open mouth mechanics and is a trade off that I can accept.:eek: Sorry for my poor english but this is what I want to express from an owner of both versions.

Sure ya all wanted to see the side view of the dome.
IMG_1740.jpg

It's really not a bad figure. IMO
IMG_1715.jpg

I just ordered the Medicom Alien. All of those comparison pics sold me.

The smaller scale is a little offputting, but I'll just display him elsewhere, on his own. He can keep me company on my nightstand, or something.

I'll worry about the HT Alien later.

I sold my Medi Alien soon after I saw HT prototype version on display. Medi is fair but just can't give me the kinda texture I want to see from an (Giger) ALIEN. Sure many of you (including me) hate that bloody lower jaw, but then it could perhaps due to that open mouth mechanics and is a trade off that I can accept.:eek: Sorry for my poor english but this is what I want to express from an owner of both versions.

IMG_1740.jpg

It's really not a bad figure. IMO
IMG_1715.jpg

Excellent pics man!
Keep 'em coming.

And Master Wayne, you will not regret getting the Medi-alien, it's one cool figure.

IMG_1740.jpg

That's a good shot. It actually looks great up until you get to the business end of the head (i.e. the face) and then the sculptor just seems to have made it up a bit.

Predanator, at no point in the movie did the ALIEN look like the HT version. Quit acting stubborn, we can all see you're just looking for excuses now and it's fooling no one. Bringing up your job title was ridiculous! Flashing your career achievements is irrelevant to the discussion.

Sabres and abake provided photo evidence and comparison pictures for what they think the ALIEN should have looked like, and you dispel them because many suits were used in the movie. However, you have yet to provide ANYTHING yourself besides excuses to kiss up to Hot Toys.

I don't want to get personal because this is a hobby we all care for; however, your posts sure seem to be taking an arrogant route.
If you say the HT alien looks accurate to you, then PROVE it! At this point, any sane person will side with Sabres and abake because you have yet to disprove their examples of how it should look. More over, if you were simply stating that you liked the figure, all would have been fine. But, stating that it's accurate, and in doing so misleading others... isn't.

Even the Palisades bust in Wook's post looks more like the creature in the movie. All that aside, THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT, and the majority of us here can see it's not accurate. So, HT caters to us, NOT the other way around. (Business 101) Especially not at the $130 price range. I'm sure even they would side with abake and Sabres at this point.

We can see through your guise, so please stop.
If you think we are wrong, please disprove us with EVIDENCE and not just 1st grade school yard "did not, did too" bickering. I'd gladly agree with you and retract everything I said if you can provide evidence for your claims that this figure looks accurate to the source material.

I cant believe you used the word "spoiled".
Guess you're "spoiled" too for wanting a seat belt and airbags in your car.
Wake up and welcome to 2010!

Don't put words in my mouth ... I never said it was 100% 'screen' accurate ... WHATEVER that means ... :rotfl How many version would you like them to create ... just to appease you... :duh

I'll take the talent of Hot Toys artists over a bunch of names on a forum any day ... You 'naysayers' are saying that Hot Toys are a bunch of lazy amatures ... all based on a few low resolution photos of ONE of the suits ... and the details you think you saw in the movie ... That's not evidence in the real world, junior. I can't believe I even have to say that ... Proof? Validating your photos with a source would be a good START.

There is a big difference between telling people what they think 'THE ALIEN" looks like .... and knocking the crap out of a figure before they've even handled it ... I have a bit more respect for the artists at Hot Toys than that ...

How long are you guys planning on knocking this thing? The next six months? A year? Forever? Mr. "In you face knocking you out"... :rotfl How many ways are you going to tell us that you don't like it? BUT you will buy it etc. $130 for a figure like this is nothing, kid. You'll probably soon realise that most adults have money like that to throw away ...

If someone can instruct me on how to post pics I'll take some pictures of mine which you'll be welcome to use.

I really wish Kenner had gone wih the Alien line. Maybe Hasbro should take up the line?

P.S. Jeff are you going to be getting the Medi version now? :D

If someone can instruct me on how to post pics I'll take some pictures of mine which you'll be welcome to use.

I really wish Kenner had gone wih the Alien line. Maybe Hasbro should take up the line?

P.S. Jeff are you going to be getting the Medi version now? :D

That'd be cool, just a good dead on side view would be appreciated.

Funnily enough I watched a Medi go last week for under $40, but they didn't ship to the UK! :banghead
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200405005977&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

So I'll stay happy with my Sega untill the right deal comes along!

I'm a bit surprised at the "edge" running around the dome where it connects to the face (although it seems to go all the way to the back)... none of the other HT aliens has it.
It's very reminiscent of the old Aoshima alien. I'll try to dig up a couple of pics.

I'm a bit surprised at the "edge" running around the dome where it connects to the face (although it seems to go all the way to the back)... none of the other HT aliens has it.
It's very reminiscent of the old Aoshima alien. I'll try to dig up a couple of pics.

Yes, I know what you mean. It's sort of chamfered isn't it. Not quite as pronounced as the Aoshima though, but same sort of deal:

DSC00471.jpg

:
That'd be cool, just a good dead on side view would be appreciated.

Funnily enough I watched a Medi go last week for under $40, but they didn't ship to the UK! :banghead
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200405005977&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

So I'll stay happy with my Sega untill the right deal comes along!

Well I've taken the shots but my PC won't recognise the camera. Keeps in coming up with a runtime error and "please contact your product manufacuturer". :banghead

Sad news about the Medi. I only really want you to get it so I can read your review!

Couldn't find a good picture of the seam or edge running along the Aoshima alien's dome, but you can notice it on these two pics:

DSCN4274.jpg

DSCN4269.jpg

The HT's dome seems to have a similar edge.

EDIT: was so busy looking for pics that I didn't notice your post DSD!

Back