Hot Toys - MMS 100 - Terminator Salvation - Marcus Wright- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, you just pull the t-shirt up a tad and it looks much better...

Cool pics, MaulFan, and good job hiding the long neck in those coatless shots.

As for the neck, I don't think it's too long.

Have to admit I found nothing wrong with the neck at all, likewise I just pulled the T shirt up to his chin then let it fall back and it naturally came to rest in a position that looks just right. I always expect some futzing and Marcus didn't need much.
loving this shot Sean. :clap

78.jpg

damn nice! What would one do to get a larger depth of field to cover the entire face? Decrease aperture and increase exposure?

damn nice! What would one do to get a larger depth of field to cover the entire face? Decrease aperture and increase exposure?

Well, you've got about 3 different photography concepts in there.

Depth of field deal with what's in focus and what's out of focus and the range of blurring that occurs to really make the focal stuff stand out.

To see the whole face, one need only zoom the lens out, or in the case of my photo, I cropped it to be tight on their faces since Marcus' body doesn't have the damage on the torso.

As for aperture and exposure, that has to do with lighting.

I'm not sure what exactly you're wanting to know how to achieve but if I could better understand that I could help you with which settings or whatever it would take to achieve it.

Well, you've got about 3 different photography concepts in there.

Depth of field deal with what's in focus and what's out of focus and the range of blurring that occurs to really make the focal stuff stand out.

To see the whole face, one need only zoom the lens out, or in the case of my photo, I cropped it to be tight on their faces since Marcus' body doesn't have the damage on the torso.

As for aperture and exposure, that has to do with lighting.

I'm not sure what exactly you're wanting to know how to achieve but if I could better understand that I could help you with which settings or whatever it would take to achieve it.

I am looking at your shot and it looks good but the depth of field is very narrow or tight (dunno the proper term) so the focus is really only right from nose to the eyes. To help me better understand the concepts with real life scenarios using your picture as the starting point the rest of the faces are not totally in focus but to achieve that what would one do? One would decreasing aperture and countering with longer exposure to result in a wider/larger depth of field to bring the rest of the face in focus as well?

I am looking at your shot and it looks good but the depth of field is very narrow or tight (dunno the proper term) so the focus is really only right from nose to the eyes. To help me better understand the concepts with real life scenarios using your picture as the starting point the rest of the faces are not totally in focus but to achieve that what would one do? One would decreasing aperture and countering with longer exposure to result in a wider/larger depth of field to bring the rest of the face in focus as well?

OK, gotcha, to do what you're talking about, you'd want to have a long zoom and take the photo from far back, I was only about a foot away from the figures when I took it, or you can be close, hardly zoom in so you see like from the waist up or more of the figures and then crop down the photo around the heads in your software after.

Great photos, MF, as always! I'm assuming you're using a dslr? With maybe a portrait lens?

Yeah you can widen the Aperture (or increase, whichever term you want to use) to bring a subject into focus and increase DOF.

Have to admit I found nothing wrong with the neck at all, likewise I just pulled the T shirt up to his chin then let it fall back and it naturally came to rest in a position that looks just right. I always expect some futzing and Marcus didn't need much.
loving this shot Sean. :clap

78.jpg

Oh I wasn't saying that the neck on Marcus was abnormaly long, but yeah, he covered it up well.

Last edited:
I will say, as much as the skin sleeves is neat and all and looks good when you have the figure just in t-shirt, for what little you see in the leather coat and you see nothing in the blue coat, to me it's more a downside to the figure, I'm putting mine onto a narrow TT, the coats can slide onto it so much easier without the friction on the rubber, I can get better posing with the gun with the extra arm articulation, I find the rubber arms in any scenarior are too limiting for gun poses, really makes me get to see things like Wolvering exploring more realistic looking traditional arms.

These two demonstrate why I wanted to swap him onto a traditional TT instead of the muscle arm one he came with, the muscle arms just can't elevate and bend to pose like this, but traditional TTs can.

90.jpg

91.jpg

I like the way it looks as thought the endo hasn't had a shave. His five o'clock shadow is human skin :lol

I've had this waitlisted at Sideshow, but finally caved and ordered it from Alter Ego. With luck, it'll be here on Wednesday. (With no luck, it'll get here Thursday ... when my wife's off work. :eek )

Back