Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just Pre-Ordered!! :banana

Went with OSB again, excellent service. Assassin's Creed Ezio is next :rock

:lecture The goddamn best of all time! With the best hero & villain of all time. And now, the best 1/6th scale figures of all time :lecture

100% agreed ................ until HT's releases T1 :lol

For now, I don't know how, but I'm sure a year or two years from now, Hot Toys will do something and we'll be thinking, damn, I wish they were doing T2 figures now :lol. That's collecting though, if you follow a property you see an evolution and it's fun, though sucks when you're stuck with so-so things you'd like to unload but can't.

Hehe, I was just thinking about this today as well. I've convinced myself there is no way you can make the same figures better. The likeness, skin tone, eye balls, etc, etc really are top notch. Maybe real hair? I dunno.

These next 4 months are gonna be damn tough! The only thing that will make the time fly by sooner is them releasing T1 and the inevitable BD T-800 prototypes/preorders :lecture

I just watched T2 again and realized I need to order another damn t-1000 and another Arnold! sigh

I just pre-ordered this. Glad it'll be a few months.. for my wallets sake. (Got WM, BW and IM MK IV PO'd too)

Fortunately, there's nothing really interesting for me going on with SSC and Star Wars, so I can devote most of my dollars to the HT T2 stuff.

Just got back from my HK trip and checking with my fellow freaks. I cheek the prev posts later and assume Omg or others already posted TH shots of it? But more importantly I found an unexpected gem but post pictures of it later :D

Just got back from my HK trip and checking with my fellow freaks. I cheek the prev posts later and assume Omg or others already posted TH shots of it? But more importantly I found an unexpected gem but post pictures of it later :D

You got to at least tell us now! :lol

To all intents and purposes it WAS T-1 Arnold was nt it??

It was exactly the same model robot just programmed to do good.

You know, now I can't help but think how T2 would have played out if Arnold was still the bad guy and if the T-1000 was the protector. That would make a great 'what if' film, like how T3 was after the Sarah Connor Chronicals re-wrote the past.

T1 Arnold would have drank the T-1000 like a milkshake.

I don't think so. They're pretty evenly matched. Here's how it would play out.

picture.php
picture.php

T-1000: "Get out."
T-800: "Get out."

picture.php
picture.php

T-800: "No you get out."
T-1000: "No you get out."

picture.php

Uncle Bob: "I'll settle this."

3076974527_b1baeb9972.jpg

Uncle Bob: "Good always wins."

smilei.png

T1000.jpg
robots_best_08.jpg

picture.php

Last edited:
t-800 got lucky when he happened to crash into a factory with a steel mill....................otherwise t-1000 would have made him into his own personal easy bake oven.................

:monkey3

To all intents and purposes it WAS T-1 Arnold was nt it??

It was exactly the same model robot just programmed to do good.

No. T2 Arnold was not T1 Arnold. T1 Arnold was menacing and very scary at the time. Infact, T1 Arnold would have Kicked T2 Arnolds ass as well. Don't get me wrong, T2 Arnold was great and all but let us not lose sight of what T1 Arnold was. A beast.

Yes. It was the exact same Robot programmed to do good. It was also a reflection of Arnolds success as an actor that made him good in T2. Some may refer to this in this medium and others as a "sellout".

"Sellouts" aren't always a bad thing as evidenced by T2 and the ability of Patrick to make it work. He became the menace. Still, T1 Arnold drinks him like a milkshake.

I guess what this all comes down to is who/what you prefer. Bad T-800 or Good T-800. T1 or T2. I prefer T-1 because it gave me nightmares when i was twelve.

No. T2 Arnold was not T1 Arnold. T1 Arnold was menacing and very scary at the time. Infact, T1 Arnold would have Kicked T2 Arnolds ass as well. Don't get me wrong, T2 Arnold was great and all but let us not lose sight of what T1 Arnold was. A beast.

Yes. It was the exact same Robot programmed to do good. It was also a reflection of Arnolds success as an actor that made him good in T2. Some may refer to this in this medium and others as a "sellout".

"Sellouts" aren't always a bad thing as evidenced by T2 and the ability of Patrick to make it work. He became the menace. Still, T1 Arnold drinks him like a milkshake.

I guess what this all comes down to is who/what you prefer. Bad T-800 or Good T-800. T1 or T2. I prefer T-1 because it gave me nightmares when i was twelve.

This is why the T2 T-800 (Uncle Bob) should have killed the bikers at the bar before meeting John. Not, "pull it out, pull it out" or "here, take it", just broken necks and pulled out hearts.

This is why the T2 T-800 (Uncle Bob) should have killed the bikers at the bar before meeting John. Not, "pull it out, pull it out" or "here, take it", just broken necks and pulled out hearts.

I don't quantify a Terminator by their body count.

The T-800s are infiltration units with a main assignment of assassinating a primary target. In every situation in T1 and T2, the T-800 kills people only to get to the target or to eliminate immediate threats. After the T-800 disabled three guys in the bar, everyone else fled and the T-800 did not have to pursue them - they were no longer a threat. It just needed to get it's clothes and split.

I don't quantify a Terminator by their body count.

The T-800s are infiltration units with a main assignment of assassinating a primary target. In every situation in T1 and T2, the T-800 kills people only to get to the target or to eliminate immediate threats. After the T-800 disabled three guys in the bar, everyone else fled and the T-800 did not have to pursue them - they were no longer a threat. It just needed to get it's clothes and split.

Uhhh,

"You were going to kill that guy."

"Of course I'm a Terminator.

Terminators KILL people, targets or not. Isn't that the idea?

What about the punks in the first one? They threaten him in the same way almost. I don't remember the first Terminator taking the knife and slamming it into the punk's shoulder. He punched and pulled his organs out, blood everywhere.

I think a room full of bikers with guns and knives are more of a threat than 3 teenage punks with small knives. Those guys at the bar should have been killed. Terminators kill without reason. The gun shop owner (wrong), most of the victims of the T-1000 (especially the poor "are you alright?" truck driver) etc.

In fact, it seems like the T-1000 kills people out of annoyance or at a whim. The truck guy, he wasn't a threat or in the way of his mission and he just stabs him. He kills Max after the T-800 foiled his plan to acquire John Connor.

Or how about Ginger's boy friend, Matt in the first Terminator? Hahaha, The T-800 just stands over him for like a minute and then attempts to punch his brains out.

We all know why "Uncle Bob" didn't kill anyone in T2 before meeting John, he's the good guy. He was set up as a "kinder and gentler Terminator". But really, plot and story wise, Uncle Bob should have had some kind of body count before being told he "can't just go around killing people".

It's too convenient that he didn't.

Last edited:
Back