Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - The Boss

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The strange thing is, that this figure has always looked perfect when viewing it sideways.

Note to self: never PO HT Japanese licensed collectibles.

City Hunter and this is enough for me.

Yep. Hot Toys can't do Medicom figures, female head sculpts, rubber bodies or outfits, well priced products, etc... I've honestly very rarely been impressed by their work. I find it is never worth the hefty price and most Hot Toys figures I've gotten I ended up selling out of disappointment.

I'm just glad I ended up not preordering these two MGS figures. I almost did the day they went up.

I was about to pre-order both of the MGS figures too when they were up for pre-order. But then after looking at the pics of the prototypes, I was kinda disappointed. I'm sad and glad at the same time. Sad that these two figures did not turn out the way I hoped and glad that I didn't pre-order them and get to save some money. However I would've gladly pay whatever HT wanted had these figures been stellar.

Well they didn't changed a **** after all, wtg :lol
Money saved, will w8 (most likely forever) for camo NS, young Ocelot and Volgin.

I like it. I'm buying.
431531_471568082905187_1251334955_n.jpg

If I can find this later at a reeeeeaaaaally good price, I might buy it. The head sculpt is the only thing that really disappoints me.

I like it. I'm buying.
431531_471568082905187_1251334955_n.jpg

That definitely sells it more. I think the likeness somewhat looks better and more game accurate in some angles but in harsh shadow it looks like a dude.

I'm not even happy with the Naked Snake headsculpt at all.

That definitely sells it more. I think the likeness somewhat looks better and more game accurate in some angles but in harsh shadow it looks like a dude.

I'm not even happy with the Naked Snake headsculpt at all.

i wanted to buy both snake and the boss but they ****ed up the head sculpt’s, are just bad.

i wanted to buy both snake and the boss but they ****ed up the head sculpt’s, are just bad.

Snake's is better but it's not saying a whole lot.

They did tweak Boss and it does look more game accurate in brief instances, but she still has a Hulk face.

I want to bail on it, but it's MGS and I can't... :monkey2

At least I'm not one of these purists that happily buys up everything from the franchise they love. These figures are a bust and I gladly admit it.

Snake's is better but it's not saying a whole lot.

They did tweak Boss and it does look more game accurate in brief instances, but she still has a Hulk face.

I want to bail on it, but it's MGS and I can't... :monkey2

At least I'm not one of these purists that happily buys up everything from the franchise they love. These figures are a bust and I gladly admit it.

Im still fighting with my self to get snake im sure the boss will be easy to find.

Im still fighting with my self to get snake im sure the boss will be easy to find.

Snake is actually a good figure and there is value in it since it comes with a nice selection of accessories. But as predicted it's a gloried statue, although the elbow joints are very pose-able and they never move once bent.

Boss will be the same I guess.

I'm sure she'll be in stock for "a while"... if you guys want to see more figures from this line. These two figures need to sell well. Hopefully she won't kill it.

and Congrats on those getting this fine lady.

Snake is actually a good figure and there is value in it since it comes with a nice selection of accessories. But as predicted it's a gloried statue, although the elbow joints are very pose-able and they never move once bent.

Boss will be the same I guess.

I might pick up Snake down the road, depending if we don't see any RE6 figures.

Back