Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - The Boss

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
34626751.jpg

I think this is what most of us are gonna use to display her. :lecture at least HT is considerate enough to provide us with this acc :lol

At the risk of sounding creepy, this needs to happen before I buy this figure:

ht_uniboob_nt_111027_wg.jpg

And it needs to look a lot more like this:

E3-2011-metal-gear-solid-3ds-screens-20110607092303840.jpg

This figure is pushed to the bottom of my priority list...Not because of the photo but because of upcoming hotness :yess:

Debating if I should cancel this. I love the series but ****, this is just . . . . atrocious.

Don't get me wrong I love the series but with all the new figures coming out
(Which I know are ways off) plus all the previous figures that have yet to be released,I feel this figure will be around for while and when all of the dust settles I may pick one of these up eventually :dunno

This thing isn't going anywhere... guh.

No but that Lightning costume for XIII-3 definitely is going somewhere :D At first I didn't like it much, but it's grown on me for sure. I think it would have looked better in white though.

i hope that we are just getting bad shots or they haven revealed the changes yet. i dont see a difference as to the way she looks from any of the other photos taken. also, i dont see her being cheaper than retail over time. i mean, look at old snake. hes cool for what he is but that figure was fugly with no articulation. the headsculpt was the quality of the konami dolls too. but, yet he has an astronomical pricing. it also took a while to hold that value especially when stocks dried up. i feel this will happen with her because shes just an iconic character as old snake. she may not have any value right now but when people finally come around theyll start picking her up down the road and shell finally be a sought after piece in that aspect. im still keeping mine becuase i dont think thell ever do another boss, shes only recieved a single UDF iteration way back in 07-08.

i hope that we are just getting bad shots or they haven revealed the changes yet. i dont see a difference as to the way she looks from any of the other photos taken. also, i dont see her being cheaper than retail over time. i mean, look at old snake. hes cool for what he is but that figure was fugly with no articulation. the headsculpt was the quality of the konami dolls too. but, yet he has an astronomical pricing. it also took a while to hold that value especially when stocks dried up. i feel this will happen with her because shes just an iconic character as old snake. she may not have any value right now but when people finally come around theyll start picking her up down the road and shell finally be a sought after piece in that aspect. im still keeping mine becuase i dont think thell ever do another boss, shes only recieved a single UDF iteration way back in 07-08.

I wouldn't compare this to the Medicom figures at all. There was no competition or alternatives then and once those sold out people really wanted their MGS stuff. I really don't think it will be the case with The Boss. I imagine she will be shelf warming for an eternity. You can still get Naked Snake at retail or lower easily.

No but that Lightning costume for XIII-3 definitely is going somewhere :D At first I didn't like it much, but it's grown on me for sure. I think it would have looked better in white though.

Hot Toys + Final Fantasy.... :drool:drool:drool

Hot Toys + Final Fantasy.... :drool:drool:drool

I would prefer Medicom. Hot Toys doesn't do anime like characters very well and I know they would pick the worst characters and the delays would be ridiculous. Medicom gets things out quite rapidly and could probably do a nice Jojo-like run of the main protagonist and main villain of each game. Too bad Square Enix is probably way too closed off on their licenses to do that. I don't get why they don't make more FF Play Arts Kai. You would think it would be the flagship license for their own figurines :slap

1/6 Gabranth, Gilgamesh, and Kefka would be master pieces. 1/6 Sephiroth would probably be a nightmare unless it used rooted hair...which would also be a nightmare :lol

Back