Hot Toys - Marvel's Spider-Man - Spider-Man (Classic Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The suit material looks thick and loose in poses.

That ab section looks horrible caved in like that.

Fake looking chest then weird flat stomach area.

meh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you had the Advanced Suit in hand? It's not crazy flexible (as Spidey should be) due to the suit being somewhat restrictive, but you can get some decent poses nonetheless without anything looking weird. It needs to be moved carefully and methodically into position.

I've owned ASM2, Homecoming and Advanced; they all had their limitations. I think the Advanced suit is a little more durable than Homecoming. The ASM2 could take some punishment and snapped back with a steaming, but I'm really not sure how many times you can do that.

I need to see a couple pics of him standing up straight. The suit looks sort of weird to me

Too early to get worried. He will be tweaked and streamlined. Remember when the advanced suit was buff and muscular as heck when first revealed?

I dont mind how it currently looks. The suit does look a bit baggy is some places but not bad. The raised webbing isnt too bad. I cant wait to see the final product.

I am getting this yes or yes, however, I wish the costume material was more like Scarlet Spider. I am not a fan of the thicker material.

Too early to get worried. He will be tweaked and streamlined. Remember when the advanced suit was buff and muscular as heck when first revealed?

I still think advanced suit looks too buff and muscular to be honest but I get what you mean.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the raised webbing (especially on the head) or the material they're using... but this is probably the best classic Spider-Man we're going to get in 1/6th scale for a while, so I'll probably order one.

In spite of my instant love for this piece, I know it?s not perfect, but in the Good-As-It-Gets department, I?m in for 2.

In spite of my instant love for this piece, I know it?s not perfect, but in the Good-As-It-Gets department, I?m in for 2.

Same.. one to pose and flex without any worries and 1 to stock when this is destroyed in a few yrs, lol

I feel like the pre-order for this is probably six months away, at least. Right now, we're still waiting for the Far From Home black suit to ship, the video game shiny Iron-Spider (sorry, don't recall the real name) just PO'ed a few weeks ago and we got 2099 pre-ordered at the Con and shipping within the next 45 days most likely. Seems like a lot of potential cancellations if they PO this suit in the near future...

I feel like the pre-order for this is probably six months away, at least. Right now, we're still waiting for the Far From Home black suit to ship, the video game shiny Iron-Spider (sorry, don't recall the real name) just PO'ed a few weeks ago and we got 2099 pre-ordered at the Con and shipping within the next 45 days most likely. Seems like a lot of potential cancellations if they PO this suit in the near future...

I think you?re probably right about this not going up for PO anytime soon. I wouldn?t be surprised if tbt Anti-Ock suit goes up first. This could be up around NYCC, but I think it?s unlikely to be sooner than this. Hopefully we?re wrong but I suspect you?re correct.

I'm hoping Hot Toys changes it. I'd love it if they used the same material as Scarlet Spider for the suit. That would really be ideal.

Agreed, but I wouldn't bet on it. It looks like it's going to be a more or less straightforward variant of the Advanced figure, although it'd be nice to be wrong.

Looks like you might be right. Im really surprised they didnt drop this one for PO at the end of the con.

This is awesome! I grew up reading the Spider-Man comics so this is a dream come true for me. I hope they'll make a comic book based classic Peter Parker headsculpt. For accessories, they can throw in some Spider-Tracers and a camera to go all-in classic Spidey.

I think you?re probably right about this not going up for PO anytime soon. I wouldn?t be surprised if tbt Anti-Ock suit goes up first. This could be up around NYCC, but I think it?s unlikely to be sooner than this. Hopefully we?re wrong but I suspect you?re correct.

They also showed the "Velocity Suit" (made by the Game Devs)...so that's another one "in the way". Not a huge fan of that one...maybe Hot Toys will bump it back or not make it anytime soon.

Back