Hot Toys Man Of Steel Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not either, but I am hoping to get a great film. I'm a bigger Batman fan, but I have always enjoyed well told Superman stories. I'm hoping for one here. I'm excited about a few things in this film. No Lex as THE villain:yess: Superman will do something other than catch a falling plane:yess: Superman gets to punch something:yess: And my biggest:(sorry if it ruffles feathers) this isn't going to be a love fest to Christopher Reeves. I hated that Brandon Routh was chosen because he looked like Reeves. Those movies are cool and I respect that people love the hell out of them. But that wasn't my Superman. Dean Cain and Bruce Timm had way more influence on my Superman/Clark Kent than Reeves. So I'm excited to see that they are moving on, and not getting caught in nostalgia.

:goodpost:

Chris Reeve was, is a definitive screen Superman. The first two are spectacles of their time and remain classics

What destroyed Superman Returns was the slavish infatuation with 1978 Superman movie- not sure what they were thinking...sequel, remake, homage??? GREAT talent involved in that movie but wasted effort when it so desperately needed to be NEW and DIFFERENT

Chris Reeve was, is a definitive screen Superman. The first two are spectacles of their time and remain classics

What destroyed Superman Returns was the slavish infatuation with 1978 Superman movie- not sure what they were thinking...sequel, remake, homage??? GREAT talent involved in that movie but wasted effort when it so desperately needed to be NEW and DIFFERENT

:goodpost: I agree. I for oe think Keaton is the definitve screen Batman(Kevin Conroy is the defnitive voice). And as much as i hate the voice Bale chose, and as disapointed as I was at the overdone realism in the Nolan films, I'm happy they weren't retreads of the Keaton films. I respet that Nolan dd hi own thing. And I like it better for that. This looks to do the same. So I'm excited to see where i goes.

:goodpost: I agree. I for oe think Keaton is the definitve screen Batman(Kevin Conroy is the defnitive voice). And as much as i hate the voice Bale chose, and as disapointed as I was at the overdone realism in the Nolan films, I'm happy they weren't retreads of the Keaton films. I respet that Nolan dd hi own thing. And I like it better for that. This looks to do the same. So I'm excited to see where i goes.

Keaton a skinny wimpy looking guy with a afro and receding hairline is the definitive Batman? What annoyed me most was both Keaton movies soap operas where revealed his identity to some bimbo in a boring love fest. Give me Bale any day.

Keaton a skinny wimpy looking guy with a afro and receding hairline is the definitive Batman? What annoyed me most was both Keaton movies soap operas where revealed his identity to some bimbo in a boring love fest. Give me Bale any day.

Don't feed the troll

Chris Reeve was, is a definitive screen Superman.The first two are spectacles of their time and remain classics
According to you maybe
Spindrift said:

Bryan Singer said quite a few times that Superman Returns was supposed to be the sequel to Superman II and play as if Superman 3 & 4 never happened. That's why there is a kid in the movie as a result of Sups and Lois doing the dirty in the Fortress from Superman II. He even went to Donner asking if it was ok for him to try to pick up and continue from where Donner left off

My favorite is the one where it's Batman. While I like some of the actors' bodies of work better than others, I don't go to a Batman movie just to see them, I go to see Batman. From West to Bale, they've all added something to the mythos and they've all had things that I liked about them. Even Clooney and Kilmer had redeeming qualities. I feel that Kilmer had a great balance in his portrayal of Batman/Bruce Wayne, and, like Clooney, I think they both could've done great things with better material to work with.

Don't feed the troll

Is this how silly people respond when someone post something they don't like? I don't even want to say grow up because if someone is simply not bright then growing up won't help them much.

Can we please see the pics of this figure now Hot Toys? The Iron Man 3 movie has been released now and it's time to move on to the next big summer movie.

This will be another Green Lantern scenario for HT. :lol

Sorry. I got then off SuperHeroHype.com I've been searching for higher resolution pics but nothing has come up. N what part of TX are you from? I am I located in Austin.

Katy, TX. Suburbs west of Houston.

You might not be far off. They waited for Lantern returns -- which weren't good -- and canceled it. They may wait to make sure MOS is as good as they're saying -- though I think its odds of getting made are better than GL ever were. They might make a Superman figure even if the movie's bad ... kinda like Wolverine.

SnakeDoc

I know im off subject.......but how many people think we might get a Faora fig from hottoys?!?!!?!? she's really the only one im looking forwards too...i have not decided if i want Superman yet...depends on final pic.....if.....it ever gets shown. The secondary women need some love.... (SIF from thor......MARIA Hill from avengers...... VIPER from the wolverine...) but besides...Faora..."and Zod's" suits would be fantastic on a hottoys figure.

OH and Pepper potts...howe could i forget.......she kicked @$$ in iron man 3... ;)

The only reason I don't see this happening, is because MoS will realistically make what GL made in it's entire run in it's opening weekend. Superman is a bigger property than GL. Now the question of sequels and a JL film will hinge on how well this one does. SR wasn't that great of a film, and it did decent at the box office. Superman will make money(just maybe not TDK or TDKR money). I'm rooting for it to do that kind of business. I don't think HT should have any hesitation to do figs for this one.

Don't get me wrong, I hope HT does end up making Man of Steel figures. I love the costume designs, and Henry Cavill looks awesome as Superman. I just wouldn't be the least bit surprised if these get canned either.

I actually would be surprised if it got canceled. The movie would have to be a complete trainwreck. Superman is iconic enough that they could sell a bunch, so long as the suit looks cool ... even if the movie stinks. Keep in mind ... they made a Routh Superman (because the suit looked cool).

SnakeDoc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back