Hot Toys - Little Groot - FAKE FIGURES WARNING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look into its eyes, it longs for death...

iDpncw2.jpg

:lol :lol :lol You can almost hear him saying it :rotfl

Thanks for the heads up on these Anx10us btw :)

Well, I just bought this figure yesterday and for some reason I think I got one that is no 100% real hot toys. However, the figure looks pretty good and well painted with no visible signs of being fake. The box looks pretty decent with all the text very crisp and legible unlike some fakes which seems to be a bad printed one with lower quality materials, so from the outside, it seems to be a legit item.

The first thing that made doubt, is the fact that there is no marvel hologram sticker in the box, I didn't know there was one, until I saw some reviews that pointed out this. The second thing is the moisture desiccant, which seems to be bad printed as you can see in the photos; however I'm not very familiar with this, so I could be wrong.

So, I'm really unsure if this is a very well executed copy of the Hot Toys Little Groot, or indeed its a real one, maybe you guys can tell me.

IMG_2211.jpg

IMG_2208.jpg

IMG_2213.jpg

Well, I just bought this figure yesterday and for some reason I think I got one that is no 100% real hot toys. However, the figure looks pretty good and well painted with no visible signs of being fake. The box looks pretty decent with all the text very crisp and legible unlike some fakes which seems to be a bad printed one with lower quality materials, so from the outside, it seems to be a legit item.

The first thing that made doubt, is the fact that there is no marvel hologram sticker in the box, I didn't know there was one, until I saw some reviews that pointed out this. The second thing is the moisture desiccant, which seems to be bad printed as you can see in the photos; however I'm not very familiar with this, so I could be wrong.

So, I'm really unsure if this is a very well executed copy of the Hot Toys Little Groot, or indeed its a real one, maybe you guys can tell me.
The Marvel Hologram sticker is mainly for Hong Kong sales, anything in other countries doesn't have them. That looks legit imo.

Last edited:
The Marvel Hologram sticker is mainly for Hong Kong sales, anything in other countries doesn't have them. That looks legit imo.

I never knew that. Mine came with two stickers on the back. I'm confident mine is real, as the dealer is reputable. Most expensive new figure in history, for weight, I reckon.

If that is fake, TheDarkKnightRises, it's pretty good. And, if it is, that's even more worrying. I'll go get my Little Groot later and do a compare, see if I can spot anything.

Probably be safer to order directly from Sideshow or a known retailer to avoid fakes. :huh
Well, I wish I could. They don't ship to Mexico on many of the figures they sell (at least the ones I like, little groot included) and the retailers here, charges you about 50% more from the final price, that means you ended paying a lot for a figure that already cost a lot. so that's not really an option for us.

I didn0t knew that, but I'll keep in mind anyways. Thank you :p

I never knew that. Mine came with two stickers on the back. I'm confident mine is real, as the dealer is reputable. Most expensive new figure in history, for weight, I reckon.

If that is fake, TheDarkKnightRises, it's pretty good. And, if it is, that's even more worrying. I'll go get my Little Groot later and do a compare, see if I can spot anything.

El Mocko gave me some hope by clarifying the thing about the hologram, but you're right, if this is a copy, then there should be a lot around there and people are buying them thinking they're for real, like me.
I'll wait patiently for your pics to compare them :)

I have the real one on my desk at work.

From what I can tell.. it looks legit. If it really is a fake, well, it looks good enough that it makes no difference.

El Mocko gave me some hope by clarifying the thing about the hologram, but you're right, if this is a copy, then there should be a lot around there and people are buying them thinking they're for real, like me.

Well, here's the pictures of mine, which I'm very confident is legit. . .

IMG_0717.JPG
IMG_0718.JPG
IMG_0719.JPG
IMG_0720.JPG

I know I've said this before - but freakin' 'ell this was an expensive figure! i paid £55 for mine.

Well, I wish I could. They don't ship to Mexico on many of the figures they sell (at least the ones I like, little groot included) and the retailers here, charges you about 50% more from the final price, that means you ended paying a lot for a figure that already cost a lot. so that's not really an option for us.

I didn0t knew that, but I'll keep in mind anyways. Thank you :p

HK puts on them Hologram Marvel Stickers due to China being notorious for bootlegs/knock offs.

Well, here's the pictures of mine, which I'm very confident is legit. . .

View attachment 185537

I know I've said this before - but freakin' 'ell this was an expensive figure! i paid £55 for mine.
It would of Better if they made it 1:1 Scale for that price. Life size Pot Groot for that price would of been a bit more understandable.

It would of Better if they made it 1:1 Scale for that price. Life size Pot Groot for that price would of been a bit more understandable.

I know, it's crazy money. If I'd thought about it beforehand, I wouldn't have preordered and bought it.

Definitely not a cheap figure, I paid $1000 Mexican Pesos for it, which is something like $66.22 USD or £42.3 :dunno
I would hate to discover it is no authentic, but now I'm a bit confident it is, after reading your post and compare the pictures.

Thank you so much guys.

Back