Hot Toys - Little Groot - FAKE FIGURES WARNING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HAL9000.

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have spotted fake items on Ebay (I'm 99% sure they're fake) and thought I would create a separate thread here, pointing it out too, for all people who search the forum using "Little Groot" as a term.

I noticed on Ebay a HT Little Groot for almost half the price of my preorder, but when I looked closely, I saw it's a fake.

THERE ARE A LOT ON EBAY
SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL!​

The clue is in their eyes - just not painted great​

You can judge for yourselves - here's a few links:

SIDESHOW - Authentic Little Groot Picture HERE. for picture comparison.

EBAY - UK one I suspect is a fake HERE

EBAY - CHINA another fake one HERE Also, you'll notice that down the page it mentions a difference between Chinese and Japanese HOT TOYS! Crazy!

EBAY - CHINA an honest seller, but see for yourselves and use as comparison HERE

It's been pointed out that another sign of them being fakes is the barcode on the box is directly printed, rather than having a white box around it.

I hope not too many people get caught out, if these are indeed fakes. I'm pretty sure they are, as the detail is rubbish.

Look into its eyes, it longs for death...

iDpncw2.jpg

Hi All,

I have spotted fake items on Ebay (I'm 99% sure they're fake) and thought I would create a separate thread here, pointing it out too, for all people who search the forum using "Little Groot" as a term.

I noticed on Ebay a HT Little Groot for almost half the price of my preorder, but when I looked closely, I saw it's a fake.

THERE ARE A LOT ON EBAY
SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL!​

The clue is in their eyes - just not painted great​

You can judge for yourselves - here's a few links:

SIDESHOW - Authentic Little Groot Picture HERE. for picture comparison.

EBAY - UK one I suspect is a fake HERE

EBAY - CHINA another fake one HERE Also, you'll notice that down the page it mentions a difference between Chinese and Japanese HOT TOYS! Crazy!

EBAY - CHINA an honest seller, but see for yourselves and use as comparison HERE

It's been pointed out that another sign of them being fakes is the barcode on the box is directly printed, rather than having a white box around it.

I hope not too many people get caught out, if these are indeed fakes. I'm pretty sure they are, as the detail is rubbish.
You are being too modest on the 99%. You must be taking account for " bad lighting" for the sculpt to be looking like this.

You are being too modest on the 99%. You must be taking account for " bad lighting" for the sculpt to be looking like this.

Not exactly. I'm just an optimist and like giving people the benefit of the doubt. 100% is for fools. Ha! I just wanted to point them out in the hope that I may help a few people to stop getting ripped off. :)

Also the pot does not have specs of brown.

Yeah, I've seen two types of fakes - One doesn't have the gravel in the pot painted at all, the other is just poorly done. It's hard to see in the pictures, but you can still spot the fakes easily.

Thanks for the heads up. Being new to this hobby I have been susceptible to my far share of fakes or sellers who just flat out didn't have the product. First time shame on you. Second time shame on me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up. Being new to this hobby I have been susceptible to my far share of fakes or sellers who just flat out didn't have the product. First time shame on you. Second time shame on me lol

Third time = OOPS! :)

No problem! Glad to help others. If you're in the UK, I started a buyers advise thread HERE. If you're not in the UK, well, it can still help out if you're new!

I am in the US but I will take a look anyways. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back