Hot Toys - Kenobi Show - Grand Inquisitor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Released.

IMG_1318.jpeg
IMG_1317.jpeg

This looks really good. I've resisted because my display from the show will be comprised of Obi-Wan and Damaged Vader. I could see this fitting in with the Ahsoka Rebels crew though...

I know people like to hate on the character not having the correct shaped head and that’s all fine, but speaking about the figure itself here, it looks really good based on those pictures.

I got used to his melon.

It's definitely a great looking figure that'll have a striking presence on display with other Imperials.

Alien characters always greatly enhance a Star Wars display.

That’s the entire reason I ordered. I’m going to have Tarkin on one side of Vader, and the Grand Inquisitor on the other.
Between Vader, Palaptine, Thrawn, Tarkin, and Grand Inquisitor, you can have a great Imperial display. Right now I have figures bunched by film or time period, but an all Dark Side/Imperial display sounds fun.

He’s one that could have probably benefitted from rolling eyes. Got announced before that started to become more standardized. Great sculpt from the source material but they still missed the mark translating the animated look in live action.

Figure looks to have turned out pretty great but as @FlyAndFight mentioned, thankfully this is a pass for me as well. I will pick up a pair of boots though as they look like a great replacement for my ANH Han boots that started cracking this year. If they’re anything like the recent Mando Luke boots, they’ll be made of a softer pleather material that will hopefully be a little more resistant to cracking

I know people like to hate on the character not having the correct shaped head and that’s all fine, but speaking about the figure itself here, it looks really good based on those pictures.
It already feels outdated not having rolling eyes though.

It already feels outdated not having rolling eyes though.
I ******* HATE rolling eyeballs so it doesn’t bother me, personally. I only messed with them on the Clone Wars Ahsoka figure and I swear I was so close to quitting the hobby that night. I couldn’t get rid of the lazy eye I ended up with for literal hours. Took the fun right out of the figure.

I’ll never touch them again, so for me, this is welcome.

Yeah, with how well HT is doing with their new SERS on figures this could have used it but it looks great regardless. Not one I’m in a real hurry to pick up though.

Between Vader, Palaptine, Thrawn, Tarkin, and Grand Inquisitor, you can have a great Imperial display. Right now I have figures bunched by film or time period, but an all Dark Side/Imperial display sounds fun.
The way I have my Empire shelf set up in my curio, Vader will be in the middle with the Grand Inquisitor on his right and Tarkin in his left.

Krennic is in the front right corner and Gideon in the front left.

Snowtrooper, Shoretrooper and Stormtrooper are all on risers in the back hovering above.

Just need to figure out where Thrawn will go. Hopefully eventually Piett or Veers come so I can keep some symmetry with the officers. But I’m loving my Imperial display.

Back