Hot Toys - Kenobi Show - Grand Inquisitor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy’s human head shape is more like the GI than what we got in the show.
I don’t know what you’re argument is.
Prosthetics to elongate a person’s head wouldn’t work because they’d still have a regular width head?
Yes, that is my point. This is Bruce Spence, the actor who played the alien in your picture. The prosthetics work on him because his head and face is that odd shape. The Ep 3 prosthetics alone would not work on virtually anyone else to get the same effect, you would need some CGI fudging. Not impossible, but the show seemed to be cheaping out in various areas. I’d love to see the various proposed makeup designs from the show to see what else they tried and rejected.

I wonder if Hot Toys ever got around to designing a “realistic” looking Rebels GI for possible prototype, before Kenobi gave them a live action source to use.

SW should not go cheap when it comes to effects. It is the franchise that re-wrote the book of special effects. So, either do it properly or don't bring shame on SW by going cheap.

SW should not go cheap when it comes to effects. It is the franchise that re-wrote the book of special effects. So, either do it properly or don't bring shame on SW by going cheap.
I completely agree. Overlapping tv show productions does not suit them.

Anyway, this figure is pretty cool, all things considered. I look forward to seeing if anyone mods him to look less like Billy Corgan.

Or just leeeeean into it and give him a 1/6 guitar.

It really wasn’t that bad. If they removed Reva entirely and just had the Grand Inquisitor and Fifth Brother hunting him, it would have been a much more compelling show.
If they removed Reva and all Inquisitors, Leia, Anakin, Vader, Obi-Wan I think it would be a pretty ok show lol. Definitely keep Flea though.

Why are so many figures getting branded with this that are still on pre order? Is this just a sales tactic with sideshow or low allotment left?

Why are so many figures getting branded with this that are still on pre order? Is this just a sales tactic with sideshow or low allotment left?
So that when they do come in stock people think “oh well it went waitlist during preorder I better grab one now”.

So that when they do come in stock people think “oh well it went waitlist during preorder I better grab one now”.
To be fair - I do think the production runs are getting smaller for sure, but it is a little ridiculous that everything is getting to waitlist. But, the strategy is working. If I remember correctly, you can't use promo codes when a wait list converts. I had a $20 thing that worked on this guy and a bunch of rewards I didn't know what to do with, so I just threw in an order thinking I'd the points back if I cancel. NRD cancelled out with the code anyway.

1FA9337C-3955-49F0-BC1B-D4A322FE587D.jpeg
Nice version of DWM!

To be fair - I do think the production runs are getting smaller for sure, but it is a little ridiculous that everything is getting to waitlist. But, the strategy is working. If I remember correctly, you can't use promo codes when a wait list converts. I had a $20 thing that worked on this guy and a bunch of rewards I didn't know what to do with, so I just threw in an order thinking I'd the points back if I cancel. NRD cancelled out with the code anyway.
Yep. But realistically what are the chances that Sideshow has 0 of these figures readily in stock come release? Probably 0.

Yep. But realistically what are the chances that Sideshow has 0 of these figures readily in stock come release? Probably 0.
I think the way that this is going to ultimately play out - there's going to be a set amount of figures for pre-order and a set amount of extra stock. I agree with you - no way that a store like Sideshow won't have these available for purchase. That would be insane. But, I'm thinking once the pre-order runs out, you'll be at the mercy of how many they receive as stock if you want it.

Ultimately this cuts down how much extra stock his the discount bin on the site, which is I'm sure the endgame for both Hot Toys and Sideshow.

This and Reva are back on the "Thank You" coupon again. So if anyone has one of those and wants to grab it, might be a good time. Just in case

Edit**
Well, someone grabbed him since I posted. He is now waitlisted

Last edited:
That's how I picked it up, with the thank you coupon. Kind of nuts it became eligible again, haven't seen that as it approached waitlist.

I doubt we'll ever get a Rebels version of him, so this will have to do for the character in my display.

Back