Hot Toys - Obi-Wan Kenobi - Reva (Third Sister)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
390973-Reeeee.jpg
Umm, not sure that cash belongs with that lightsaber (or those figs for that matter.) :lol

saber.png

Last edited:
Don’t get the hate on this character honestly. I thought her motivation and decisions were a little odd and unconvincing early on, but her redemption arc in the show’s final act won me over for sure. Seeing herself in Luke and not being able to force herself to do a Vader on him, and even more so her brokenness in her dialogue with Obi-wan pushed me over.

Seems like a serious downgrade from the proto. I had no interest in the figure but the one bright spot was the incredible likeness, and now it's not coming through as strong. And she looks about 10 years younger.

I don’t think the proto to production slide is nearly as dramatic as some folks are insisting. Here’s a quick comparison. Proto on the left, blogger shot by Kindar on the right. Her face seems a bit less narrow in some of the blogger shots, but that could be lighting and angle.

IMG_5763.jpeg

Don’t get the hate on this character honestly. I thought her motivation and decisions were a little odd and unconvincing early on, but her redemption arc in the show’s final act won me over for sure. Seeing herself in Luke and not being able to force herself to do a Vader on him, and even more so her brokenness in her dialogue with Obi-wan pushed me over.

I don’t think the proto to production slide is nearly as dramatic as some folks are insisting. Here’s a quick comparison. Proto on the left, blogger shot by Kindar on the right. Her face seems a bit less narrow in some of the blogger shots, but that could be lighting and angle.

View attachment 679263
They're almost identical. I honestly think any difference between them is a product of lighting. In the blogger pics, her eyes have strong specular highlights, which makes them look a bit different than the proto. This has got to be in the top 5 head sculpts of 2023.

Agreed - can't wait to display her next to the GI and a Purge Trooper.

Don't sweat the haters. Some people just have a hard time having fun these days.

Agreed. If you want it, go for it.

She came out amazing, like most of the recent SW figure releases.

I didn't hate the show, but she doesn't match my figure display.

View attachment 679263

Totally agree. Sometimes I feel like people actively look for ways to tear down a product simply because they aren't the audience for it. Or they want to convince themselves that something is "bad" to reinforce that they are making the right decision by not buying it.

Don't like the show or the character? Cool. Don't buy it then. But man... people are tripping if they think that head sculpt is bad or drastically different than the proto. That is just silly. Figure looks pretty much dead on the show and the head sculpt looks pretty darn stellar.

I quite liked the show and am looking forward to snagging this release.

-James

View attachment 679263

Yeah, if HT gave us this kind of sculpt quality / likeness accuracy with every release we'd have a lot less complaining on this forum..................Oops! Forgot where I was for a second there - make that 2% less complaining. :lol

Just saw the figure close up, they’ve got the thunder thighs right but the head looks a bit weird to me. The actress has a nice face but this sculpt looks like she’s been a bit squished from the sides in the Death Star trash compactor.

If you like the character, it looks like a well-produced figure of it. Looks pretty close to proto to me. As always, Reagan makes it look great in his review.

Got mine. Firstly, she is AWESOME. I’ll post pics soon. But secondly, what were they thinking with the waist grabber? I put it on for two minutes and she has indention marks or staining on her belt from the pinch points. Never had that happen on a brand new figure.

Got mine. Firstly, she is AWESOME. I’ll post pics soon. But secondly, what were they thinking with the waist grabber? I put it on for two minutes and she has indention marks or staining on her belt from the pinch points. Never had that happen on a brand new figure.
Yeah, I just got her as well and immediately swapped it our for a crotch grabber. Thankfully she also has standard ball joints at the ankles so I added some medium length extensions so she doesn't look quite so diminutive next to the Grand Inquisitor and Purge Trooper.

Got Reva in today! She's awesome. Very simple figure, but elegant. The head sculpt looks just like Moses Ingram. I'm looking forward to posing her next to Vader and Kenobi.

I only have two criticisms:

1. Her eyes need a bit more paint detail
2. I wish her head and neck were one piece

Also, I didn't realize how small she was until I stood her next to Wonder Woman. Her thighs put WW's to shame though!

reva1.jpg
reva2.jpg
reva3.jpg
reva4.jpg

Other than those thunder-thighs obviously, this figure looks to be a noticeably underscaled. Gal Gadot is only a couple inches taller than the Reva actress in reality, and in the pic above the WW fig's legs are spread wider than the Reva fig's, meaning the height diff would be even slightly more stark with feet evenly spaced on both figs.

Maybe it's just pic distortion, but even her overall head/face dimensions seem smaller than the WW fig's head.

Other than those thunder-thighs obviously, this figure looks to be a noticeably underscaled. Gal Gadot is only a couple inches taller than the Reva actress in reality, and in the pic above the WW fig's legs are spread wider than the Reva fig's, meaning the height diff would be even slightly more stark with feet evenly spaced on both figs.

Maybe it's just pic distortion, but even her overall head/face dimensions seem smaller than the WW fig's head.
Some of it is distortion. Moses is supposedly around 5'6-5'7, which would make her just over 11 inches in sixth scale. Her figure is just over 11 inches at the top of her hair. I think she's about 1/4 inch too short.

On the plus side, her being a little too short will make Vader look even more imposing when I pose him next to her 🤟

Back