Hot Toys - Kenobi Show - Grand Inquisitor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Up on Sideshow for $260....actually pretty reasonable. Liked the way he looked in Rebels more but considering I did really like the job that Rupert Friend did on the show, I will definitely be considering this.

Just getting really tired of seeing these 2023/2024 release dates. I really just need to enforce a Hot Toys boycott until they make Mace Windu.

Cool. I'd buy it, but I'd prefer Reva. At least she can interact with Obi-Wan and Vader. Grand Inquisitor would just stand next to Vader.
Hey! Someone else that doesn't hate Reva? Anyway, I'd take a Reva figure, but I really like this. I was a big Rebels fan, so I love seeing those characters make it to live action.

Someone else that doesn't hate Reva?
1660950495335.gif

While he didn’t necessarily look the part due to the bad makeup and the fact that he didn’t physically match what was established in the Rebels cartoon, and the role was poorly written, I did like I liked Rupert Friend’s voice and delivery. I’ll likely grab it once released and discounted. Now that discount codes don’t seem to work on POs I’ll only pre-order figures that I 100% want or have a timed releas for a nice extra.

Last edited:
Up on Sideshow for $260....actually pretty reasonable. Liked the way he looked in Rebels more but considering I did really like the job that Rupert Friend did on the show, I will definitely be considering this.

Just getting really tired of seeing these 2023/2024 release dates. I really just need to enforce a Hot Toys boycott until they make Mace Windu.

With you man, I wasn't expecting such a great price point lol, we've gotten so used to the $290's and up the last few months, especially for some of those Marvel figures.

Hey! Someone else that doesn't hate Reva? Anyway, I'd take a Reva figure, but I really like this. I was a big Rebels fan, so I love seeing those characters make it to live action.
Nothing wrong with liking the character, she wasn't for me, but fans and collectors can like whoever they want, some people here can be super negative, but collect and like what you want!

I'd rather see Fifth Brother though!

Best part of the Kenobi show for me was the opening montage of the prequels.

This figure is a great looking representation of a completely irrelevant iteration of a character that defines missed opportunity, wasted potential and the all too familiar Disney bait and switch.

It would look cool on my shelf. It just doesn’t deserve to be there.

This figure is a great looking representation of a completely irrelevant iteration of a character that defines missed opportunity, wasted potential and the all too familiar Disney bait and switch.

It would look cool on my shelf. It just doesn’t deserve to be there.
I bought TROS Kylo due to the "cool" factor, might probably end up doing the same for this one.

When I look at those red marks on his head, I can't help but think - either this guy is a devoted follower of Vishnu, or he is the world's biggest Van Halen fan

Although I was disappointed with how this turned out on screen (his species looked infinitely cooler in ROTS) and I'd have preferred Jason Isaacs reprise the role, the figure is well done. Would look pretty good in the display.
However, this guy did nothing of note in the show. Nothing. Then he got stabbed.
So a pass from me, but I do appreciate how well the figure turned out.

Last edited:
I actually think he looks pretty cool. I was pretty disappointed with how they had designed him for the show, but the actor did a wonderful job with the role and the character grew on me. I'm not sure I would drop coin on Reva, but I have Vader, Obi-Wan and now this guy on PO.

Although I was disappointed with how this turned out on screen (his species looked infinitely cooler in ROTS) and I'd have preferred Jason Isaacs reprise the role, the figure is well done. Would look pretty good in the display.
However, this guy did nothing of note in the show. Nothing. Then he got stabbed.
So a pass from me, but I do appreciate how well the figure turned out.

It is interesting to see people praise the figure’s appearance despite not being super attached to the character or this interpretation. I’m happy to see people calling it a cool figure. I think it goes to show Hot Toys definitely needs to do more aliens and just different types of figures.

For me personally, despite unfortunately not having a ton of screen time, I felt he still had a lot of presence.

I liked all the little moments we got; even something like his short conversation with Vader on the bridge. I think it’s always nice to see Vader talk to someone who wouldn’t want to cross him, but doesn’t cower before him either like Veers and Piett.

And - though not a surprise to fans of Rebels - he had one of the best “I’m still ******* alive” moments for me personally in any show or movie.

0CB8E90C-DA14-4F06-83C9-5A84CFF30A83.gif

I do agree, I wish Jason Isaacs had returned. I got used to Friend’s version though and liked his line delivery. I do still consider the figure to be representative of his prominent role in Rebels, which is nice to have.

I kind of wish they had included his helmet from Rebels like the AOTC Clone Pilot and the TCW helmet. Which would’ve been my idea to address the head shape if I were working on the show; just have him in his helmet and lift the face plate up like Iron Man to show just his face.

Last edited:
I think the figure is great but it’s unfortunate they didn’t include an additional Rebels style headsculpt

E5CEE175-FF51-4E42-9D20-E7FB26DD7A6A.jpeg
“….oh dear. I think I left the oven on. 😳

At best/worst, if anyone wants a “Rebels” style headsculpt they’ll have to hope for some 3rd party customizer to make it happen.

Last edited:
Yeah, whether you liked the Reva character or not, no denying they did nice work on that sculpt. I wish she had a helmet as well because it's just not a very exciting look. Imagine Vader without a helmet...
Exactly! For the most part, the Disney designs have been really really good in spite of the lack luster storytelling. Reva, while good, is just simply missing something. A helmet, some cybernetics, something to give her that unmph that the Doug Chiang team has been bringing to this new era since the prequels.

Back