Hot Toys - Kenobi Show - Grand Inquisitor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or the other answer. A lot of the big stuff from the OT has been made already. Exception to Bespin Han and an OT C-3PO. There are others too like alternate ROTJ looks for Leia and General Lando, but mostly everything else is covered. Not counting side characters some of us may want.

Are you intending to say that GI and Reva are "big stuff"? because I'm not seeing that; what I do see is Flavor of the Month.

In ten years no one will remember this show. More people will remember the Holiday Special than they will this thing. It didnt exactly cover new ground. But oh well, HT giveth and HT taketh away.

So in place of Padme, Mace & Bespin Han, we get this...

For those interested, take a look at the custom headsculpt of aotc Padme & Anakin on the custom forums. Might be the only way we ever get one.

Are you intending to say that GI and Reva are "big stuff"? because I'm not seeing that; what I do see is Flavor of the Month.

In ten years no one will remember this show. More people will remember the Holiday Special than they will this thing. It didnt exactly cover new ground. But oh well, HT giveth and HT taketh away.
Where did I say that? I’m simply stating that most of the OT characters have been made. At least in terms of the major ones. There are some outliers but the core cast from all three films were available at one point or another.

I still think there's a chance that the GI shows up in the Andor series (probably early in the show's timeline), which probably factored into HT's releasing him. That would also help make sense of Rupert Friend's taking the role, because given how little screen time he had in the Obi-Wan series I don't see why he would have bothered with it otherwise.

This does look nice. And this version has grown on me after seeing so many images of the live action version (even though I do still waay prefer the animated Rebels version over this big head guy).

But just like the Black Boba Fett, I'll enjoy & be happy with my Black Series 6" Inquisitors. That's good enough for me.

I’m all for more OT and PT figures, but this is something I was hoping for personally as I really like Inquisitors from their various portrayals (Fallen Order especially). Happy and excited to have some 1:6 Inquisitorial representation.

I like Rebels a lot and the Grand Inquisitor, and got accustomed to his live action appearance. I will never get over his “hello” and “good bye” - love that. Wish we’d seen more of him.

I love troopers but I’m happy to get another named Imperial as well. I have sort of an early Empire/Dark Times Imperial theme going. I think Grand Inquisitor would look excellent next to Vader, Palpatine, Tarkin, and Krennic with various troopers and guards.

I also think it’s excellent that Hot Toys is doing another alien which they do far too infrequently for Star Wars. Price is reasonable as well. And I like that the figure is mostly fabric and plastic. Hopefully the collar area is not a soft rubber.

Or the other answer. A lot of the big stuff from the OT has been made already. Exception to Bespin Han and an OT C-3PO. There are others too like alternate ROTJ looks for Leia and General Lando, but mostly everything else is covered. Not counting side characters some of us may want.
Agreed. Yes these two may be a questionable release given how unpopular they've been from the start, but I certainly don't begrudge HT for focusing so much of their license on Disney+ since that's where all the buzz is these days. Even more than with some of the movies frankly.

And of course it always cracks me up how people on here will sing the praises of HT one week (for Kenobi Vader, Zombie Strange or NWH Tobey), and then completely trash them the next. 😄

Will anyone try heating the HS and squishing from the sides?

Projected visualisation...

kryten.jpg

Time will tell. There will probably be less OT only collectors. HT better start pushing out the rest of the line soon.

Loved the rebel look and would love that to sit with my black series rebels but not sure about this. It looks like a great sculpt etc but it’s still a melon head gi.
as for reva. No thanks.

Ooooh, I ordered him. I love the Grand Inquisitor and really liked him in live action. And the way they snuck Reva in is nice too. They both have great looking sculpts.

Ooooh, I ordered him. I love the Grand Inquisitor and really liked him in live action. And the way they snuck Reva in is nice too. They both have great looking sculpts.
Yeah, whether you liked the Reva character or not, no denying they did nice work on that sculpt. I wish she had a helmet as well because it's just not a very exciting look. Imagine Vader without a helmet...

Eligible for use with a Sideshow $20 post-purchase code.

A bit sorry there's no full saber spin effect, but I suppose there's no good way to make it fit into the box.

Back