Hot Toys - Kenobi Show - Grand Inquisitor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rupert Friend. Not Rupert Grant. That’s Ron Weasley, haha.
Rupert Grint, not Grant. :lol

But to be fair, Rupert Grint, Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson have become the Grand Inquistors relentlessly hunting for JK Rowling.:dunno

I can’t imagine I’ll ever purge because I do like what I have, and don’t want to have wasted time collecting all these figures. I think I’ll just stop buying if push really came to shove.

I felt the same way, as I have been, for the most part, very selective with my purchases, but there will come a time when funds, space, interest, etc., will be a deciding factor and you'll consider selling some off. It also gets quite easier when secondary prices are nuts... :wink1:

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls565790229/
It always disappoints me that Fourth Sister didn't get enough to do to even be counted since she had the best design of the Inquisitors.

Yes, I like her the most out of the 4 in terms of design. She will add some colour to a dark side display because of the orange. Too bad she didn't get a lot of screen time.

The "Inquisitors" looked and acted more like the three stooges. Um, this is definitely a "no"

red_dwarf_1202.jpg

Never had any interest in this but definitely not now that I can’t unsee the whole Kryten thing

:monkey3

There is nothing that stood out for me with this guy in the show other than when he got stabbed

The new sideshow animated line would be prefect for rebels figures but I don’t know. I would honestly want to pay that much for them.

I didn't like how he looked initially but I've gotten used to it. Rupert Friend did a good job and the face sculpt looks pretty good in this photo.
That's kind of what I was getting at as well. Rupert Friend was very good in the role. I expected to hate him because he's not Jason Isaacs. If I get the figure, it'll be because I enjoyed the job he did. And I guess it would look neat on the Empire shelf.

Agreed. I had my reservations as well, especially since he looked so melon-headed in his initial trailer appearance. Nothing like the live action Pau’ans we’ve already seen.

He looked better in the show and I got used to his design. He did a really good job channeling the alien demeanor and appreciated his speech pattern by the end.

He also has one of the best “I’m still alive” moments. His “hello” is unironically one of my favorite moments of new Star Wars canon.

I do think it’s unfortunate Jason Isaacs didn’t get the role for whatever reason. But he’s worked with Rupert Friend before so if it was because he couldn’t do the show for some reason, maybe he recommended his friend Friend.

That... is why it was a fail.
Not to get into this too much.

But we all really feel in love with little Leia and the actress did a great job with getting Leias spunky attitude, and later morphing it into a respect for her peoples needs.

Reva….well, thats a hit and cold thing to me. The actress was just passable.The character was muddled and once again they went over the top with the evil and it makes it harder to see them as anything but one dimensional. They needed to do a better job showing her as a opportunist earlier, and it was just very heavy handed overall….

Its SW so, being blunt and having characters change motivations mid stream is kinda par for the course.

But it was all worth it to watch Obi and Vader go at it again…

Reva's design is not that interesting for a figure. All the inquisitors seen on screen are aliens except #2 and #3. 2nd sister has a cool helmet going for her if she ever gets made into a figure.

I wonder if 5th brother will get a figure. I have no clue regarding celebrities in Korea but I don't think Sung Kang is anywhere near the popularity of Don Lee (Gilgamesh)

Reva's design is not that interesting for a figure. All the inquisitors seen on screen are aliens except #2 and #3. 2nd sister has a cool helmet going for her if she ever gets made into a figure.

I wonder if 5th brother will get a figure. I have no clue regarding celebrities in Korea but I don't think Sung Kang is anywhere near the popularity of Don Lee (Gilgamesh)

I like Sung Kang and they did him dirty by making him awkwardly snarl and grimace as Fifth Brother. They should’ve made a new Inquisitor for him so he wouldn’t have to be as awkward. The helmet did not translate well.

A figure of him seems unlikely. We’ll be lucky if we actually get the Grand Inquisitor. Black Series 6” is likely the only option for a complete lineup.

Second Sister is my favorite Inquisitor and my wife’s as well. It’s interesting that despite her uniform being relatively simple, it’s more visually interesting than Reva’s, not even including the helmet. More red and contrasting materials probably would’ve helped.

*sigh* as much as I knew this was coming, I still wasn't prepared for it. I was extremely angry when I first saw what they did to him for Kenobi. Then it came out and I was okay with him since Rupert did a good job and I could see his yellow eyes a bit more, but I guess in the back of my mind I always hoped a Hot Toys figure would be more along the lines of CW Ahsoka, Rex, Ani with. Rebels version more realistic. I'll probably still get him, but I'll definitely need to sit with this for awhile before I di

I still think it's very unlikely this ever gets released. Howard probably made the prototype to keep Lucasfilm off his back knowing full well it will just die on the vine like so many other prototypes, lost in a sea of new Marvel TV series.

Someone gathered some stats and posted it in a FB group the other day. If a figure is teased, especially in the form of a con prototype, and not announced shortly (I guess within a month or so), the probability of it being announced eventually is less than 10%.

He also has one of the best “I’m still alive” moments. His “hello” is unironically one of my favorite moments of new Star Wars canon.

My girlfriend and I jokingly greet each other with that "hello" intonation now and it's hilarious. She was immediately onboard with this teaser image, and I have to agree. I'm cool with the design, my biggest gripe was that we simply didn't see more of him in the show. He really stole the stage with his monologues for the limited time he was there.

Back